Another "middle aged" Smith lol

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by Doc45, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Found this no dash 67 from 1975 on a local board. Unfortunately it doesn't have the original grips but that's ok. I'm borrowing the targets from my 17-3 (it came with the original magnas) and will add a pic after I clean the 67. Not sure what year the switch to the red ramp and black rear sight came in to play but I know it was relatively early. Checked the serial number against the 4th edition of the SCSW.

Great timing and lockup, a few dings/scratches here and there but will be perfect for fun times at the range and a backup house gun (never did understand the concept/phrase "truck gun"-I'd never leave a gun in my truck unless I'm in it LOL).

Hope to hit the range tonight or tomorrow to see how it shoots, stay tuned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the targets from my 17-3 and frame model stamp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You sure that's a no dash? I aint doubting you can't read the stamping, but most of the no dashes had stainless rear and front sights...yours is better as that set up gives you a clearer sight picture. The 67s are really great shooting guns, enjoy & congratulations!

Doc45 likes this.

3. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Definitely a no dash, I know the sight switch came prior to -1. I’ll add a pic from inside the frame window after I put on the other grips.

4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    No need, I know you can read plus S&W was famous for their transitional changes with disregard to assigned specifications.

gps man and Doc45 like this.
  5. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Haha, c’mon we all love photos-the more the merrier lol

6. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
  7. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I was expecting it to be a -1 when I saw the pics. When I met the seller and opened the cylinder I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the model. Also no rework marks on the frame so I'm even more thrilled with this. Hope to be even more so after the range, now looks like tomorrow before that'll happen.

limbkiller and Scaramouche like this.
  8. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    That’s a nice one!

Doc45 likes this.
  9. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    ZoidMeister and Doc45 like this.
  10. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    You have to love a K frame in .38 Special.

Congratulations!

Colorado Sonny and Doc45 like this.
  11. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Yes indeed. I don't enjoy shooting magnums (even in my 686) but .38s are good for hours of fun.

12. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    My youngest daughter claimed mine when she was 14, and I gave it to her when she turned 21 a few years ago. I still need to replace it. You will enjoy that immensely.

Doc45 likes this.
  13. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Nice pick up, Doc!

Doc45 likes this.
  14. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Got to the range today, nothing earth shattering just a fun outing. Ran 100 rounds of Remington 130gr fmj standard velocity .38spl through the gun. I shot my Springfield 4" 9mm 1911 first, then taped up a couple of paper plates for the 67.

Very happy with this one-the action feels like a typical S&W without a lot of rounds through it. Kind of heavy but I'm sure it'll improve the more I shoot it. The low flyer in both targets were the first rounds fired at each one.

First rounds fired, double action at 10 yards, took me a bit to regulate the rear sight for elevation:
    [​IMG]

Next group of 3 cylinders at 15 yards, again all double action.
    [​IMG]

15. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Hiding in the house while 50-60 mph gusts tear shingles off my roof. I haven't shot anything in 3 weeks. Very jealous I am :)

Doc45 likes this.
  16. slinger 45

slinger 45 ALWALS point the gun in a safe direction! ALWAYS!

Sep 22, 2017
    BEAUUUTIFUUUL!!!!!

Doc45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted