Another Question....I wish I could just get cash for what I want to sale these days

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Karsten, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    So I have a S&W 629 PS for sale and everyone seems to be cash poor these days....Trade so far have been an M&P 9 2.0 with and RMR, SA V-10 but he has no cash now he is thinking STI Guardian that he sent in for Nite sight and the Factory completely Rebuilt it to New, Factory mag and 2 26 round mags.....I know Nothing about STI or the 2011.....Black frame and Stainless Brushed or Polished Slide.

[​IMG]

Then it is in 9MM and I just sold the only 9MM I would trust and my stash of ammo.

Any Advise?

Karsten

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Mike Meints and xerts1191 like this.
  2. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Wear a face mask and wash your hands .

3. Karsten

Feb 19, 2013
    I wont wear any mask and Wash my hands often.....like every tine I go out and french kiss the ones with boobies.....

Just wait....I will be walking into the ABC store soon looking like this in Protests of Masks.

[​IMG]

Karsten

gaijin, Mike Meints, simonp and 12 others like this.
  4. ams

ams Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Unless you want a 2011, wait longer... Do you really need to get rid of it right now? Trading generally seems to be a waiting game. If you can wait long enough and know what you want, someone probably has it and wants what you have.

5. Adam13

Adam13 Active Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Did you post the Smith 629 in the classifieds? Many posts here sell rather quickly.

Take some good photos, Don’t hide the flaws, And see what bites.

Are you asking too high of a price?

6. Karsten

Feb 19, 2013
    I posted it locally and mentioned I had it to someone wanting to buy some ProTech Godfathers I have.....He has stuff that he can't sell either Belgium FN HP that where never imported.....Aluminum frame models made for the Police or something along those lines....I know nothing about HP either.

Karsten

gaijin likes this.
  7. Adam13

Adam13 Active Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Did you sell the Protechs? I have a couple of Godsons but not the larger Godfather.

I would love to have a FN hi-power for historical sake. Aluminum models are extremely rare in the US. Mainly existed in Europe. The main side arm for the Belgian gendarmerie. Problem with Hi-powers is parts break easily. 10,000-20,000 rounds and they fall apart. The 1911 by comparison was a much better built firearm in its durability. Hi-Powers are fetching a pretty penny on GB. That would be the best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Adam13

Adam13 Active Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Also post your 629 here in the classifieds. It won’t hurt or cost you.

What’s the asking price for the HP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Out of line, perhaps.
    But what is this fairly recent confusion I see about 'sell' vs 'sale' ?
    Two different words?

ak_in_ca, Babboonbobo and blamo like this.
  10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Not directed at the OP at all, but I'd imagine it's a reference to the asking price. Or dumbassery. One of the two.

ak_in_ca and Babboonbobo like this.
  11. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    I wouldn’t get back into a caliber you just got out of.

Seems like this is a trade that would cost you money.

Kings Firearms Online will make a cash offer for your gun. The market for used firearms is hot right now.

You just have to fill out a short form describing it and attach a couple pics. Same as if you posted it here. Then decide if you like the offer or not.

Also, there is Gunbroker.

12. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Trade for the STI. Then drive to my house and I will give you $800 cash for it.

Mike0707 likes this.
  13. ak_in_ca

ak_in_ca Well-Known Member

May 18, 2020
    huge pet peeve of mine and I see it all the time now. "Im trying to sale these items" drives me nuts but I am a grammar nazi

pistolwretch and LEO918 like this.
  14. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    and I thought maybe I was the only person who was a little annoyed as to the change in the use of these 2 words. I thought maybe it was based on my age, and maybe it is. LOL

pistolwretch likes this.
  15. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    It’s really just our civilization collapsing. Pay no attention.

Tnj1911 and pistolwretch like this.
  16. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    The alloy frame P35s are great carry guns FWIW.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted