1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
787 Posts
It's somewhat like the 1911. A very fine mechanical design, proven over more than a 100 years, and only enhanced by very skilled artisans who can take the firearm to the very highest levels of execution.

·
Registered
787 Posts
"Collectible" firearms are a risky investment. I have a friend who has a very substantial collection of WWI and WWII firearms, including over 40 1911s in excellent condition. His basic advice is that you may have a very expensive (at current market price) pistol, but you need to find someone who's willing and able to pay that price. Frequently, that's not very easy to do.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sapper has the "sane" outlook on this. Spend your money on something you can actually use and you probably won't regret it. I don't have any "safe queens" even though I own some high end shotguns and pistols. My longstanding rule has been that any gun that I haven't shot in over a year is a candidate for sale unless it has a family history that needs to be preserved.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Jack the dog has had some of the most amazing guns I have ever seen. He lives close to me an see him at gun shows locally along with some of his treasures. Have asked many times where he gets these treasures. Always says Friends lol old friends. Jesus I wish I had some older friends to score treasures like this

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.