1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy (I guess that's expected!),

New to this forum and looking to learn about the 1911 platform. A few years ago, I was given a Colt Super 38 and according to the serial number it's birthday is sometime in 1931. It's in excellent shape, too. I've decided it needs a buddy, so I'm here to learn and figure out what I should to keep it company and to keep both running as God and JMB intended.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures...I'm going to have to replace some (all) of the springs and get some new magazines because it will not get through a magazine without an FTE, FTF, or both. I've been informed that the pistol has been refinished in its past, so as I understand it, most of the collector's value is gone. Additionally, I don't have a box or anything else with it. I know where it's been for most of its 87 years, but I'm thinking about getting the letter from Colt and seeing if there are any gaps in my family's possession.

While this may sound like heresy, I've considered replacing the barrel and sights on it along with any other interior work it needs to make it a shooter. As my dad told me, "Carry it."

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts