Any Artists out there in Addict land?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Integrity Arms, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I know I ask a lot of favors, but hey you never know unless you ask right? Anyway was wondering if there is any artist out there who would care to give me a little bit of a hand with a small project? As many of you know I have applied and am pretty certain I will be getting my FFL 07 very soon. Anyway I had a construction business for 20+ years and ended up keeping the same EIN and just changing the trade name. The name of the business will be "INTEGRITY ARMS"

So what I need is for someone to help me with a logo for say a patch and or a letter head and possibly even a stamp for initialing my work.. My first thought was something along the lines of the bottom of a .45 acp spent shell casing with the business name across the top and bottom arcs. And then making sure the primes is spent and the rest of the logo is recognizable for what it is..

Now this is not written in stone I am very comfortable with allowing someone else to decide what will work, look nice and won't need to be over done to get attention.. Any help and ideas at all would be greatly appreciated.

Also open for suggestions if someone has something already laying around that they were doodling with or something lol.. Not trying to be too picky over it.. Really..
    I bet you know someone Curtis yeah?

So I want to clarify here a little, I am actually looking for ideas, but if along the way someone would like to help with the actual design.. I'd be willing to talk some trading or compensation should that be the case. I am just not an artist by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Bro. Pappaw, cghelton and FWoo45 like this.
  2. Plasman

Plasman Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 22, 2014
    I might be able to help. I own a screenprint and embroidery business and we help customers all the time with logo development.

dstallguy, FWoo45, gps man and 5 others like this.

3. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    What a cool community this place is

4. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Sounds like it's the time for barter, not favors. You've come far enough with the gunsmithing that you're going from hobby to business, I'd be offering to trade skills for skills, not asking for something for nothing. Chances are you'd get more people interested in working on your project with you.

gps man, azpoolguy, gaijin and 7 others like this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yeah I have come quite a ways, but only about $15,000 in debt to start, not too bad... I have turned quite a few favors and continue to do so.... Been many on here on the receiving end.. I get where your coming from.. But, not like I haven't done my share.. And continue to do so.. I really haven't asked for much of nothing when others have given me parts etc.. I have always offered to pay, and have never asked for a free ride.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I've got two projects coming now that involve only some bead blasting and cutting some grips, and only asked for shipping charges. I'd say that's a favor yeah?

mikemac likes this.
  7. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    There's one out there already or at least close and a facebook page

logo.png

Steve Owens likes this.
  8. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yeah, that doesn't surprise me lol.. Oh, well. WWB and I come up with it on the phone one night. Because my slogan for my construction business was the Integrity Builders.. Thanks for the heads up. I might have to make sure I clarify at some point.

9. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    You might want to consider that your first priority is making money for your new business.
    Making friends along the way is what makes it worth it.

Steve Owens likes this.
  10. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Just callin' it the way I see it. I've put up want to buy ads for some little thing before and had someone offer me one for free and I've returned that same gesture to others. But, I don't ask for favors. It's one thing if someone offers something, but asking someone to give you time and effort that they normally get paid for is a big ask. I'm just saying that offering your work in exchange for theirs is fair to both sides and might interest more folks. I barter all the time in my business and it always works out well for both sides.

11. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    I do know Steve and he is very good at bartering, if needed. I think he is looking for suggestion on a logo. The old metaphor I owe you one is a good example. To me that is what is what this forum is great for. I have used this forum for information many times, with great success.

Steve Owens likes this.
  12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I’ve helped Steve many times but he’s done his fair share in return, which was much appreciated by the way!
    Even came 3 hrs to help me seal my driveway and wouldn’t take no for an answer!!!!
    I would offer help to anyone on this forum if I felt my skills would be useful. I think of it as building up good Karma:geek:
    Love you guys and gals!

PS: wish I could help with this one, I used to draw and doodle all the time but I suck at this stuff.

FWoo45 and Steve Owens like this.
  13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    It’s really hard to do both. I never made a dime until I stopped worrying about making sure everybody liked me. Being in business is not a popularity contest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    I agree with one exception.
    Do a good job at a fair price and treat people with respect, you'll have more friends than you ever imagined.

dstallguy, FWoo45, mikemac and 3 others like this.
  15. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I did quite well in my construction business, but it was a really small town with minimal population. Never quite got over that hurdle to get big. But, tbh went that way at one point and made less money with more headaches.. I had relatively no issues with any customers at all until I got sick. That pretty much stopped everything mid stream, I was in my prime, so I thought lol. Still had time to grow and was building a $135,000 2 story room addition when my Esophagus ruptured. Hadn't even started planning for retirement at 42.. Oh, well 5hit happens yeah lol... So, gonna give it another try.. I try very much to be fair and above board am picky in what I do and very dedicated to doing things the right way. But, I also know you can never please everyone..

limbkiller and mikemac like this.
  16. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Whatever you do don’t abbreviate it down to “IA”. Might just upset and turn some PD officers and retirees away. LOL.

Steve Owens likes this.
  17. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That's funny I thought about that

Capthobo likes this.
  18. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Now Steve , you know TTT is willing to help .
    @ZoidMeister uncle Salvador works in our art department,and is quite excited to lend a hand. !

FA82C642-B8B0-424E-8DE1-1017987C657B.jpeg
    Send bananas ,he has a huge appetite and is putting a dent in our profit margin !

19. stlgecko

stlgecko I’m just here for the 1911’s

May 24, 2014
    How about “Owens Precision Pistolsmithing.” You down wit O.P.P.?!!

20. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I like that honestly yes, but already put Integrity Arms down on Vendors license, but I may very well incorporate this in there some how under the services area.. Thanks man Good Idea.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted