1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks this may be a longshot but I've been really hoping to throw a gold bead front sight on my Colt XSE. Mine has this dovetail that sits closer to the end of the slide and it's not a normal novak cut or anything like that.

Does anyone know if there are any gold bead front sights for this particular cut floating around out there? I checked Novak's site since they make front sights for this cut but no gold bead: https://www.novaksights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9483

·
Get off my lawn...
14,822 Posts
A second vote for John Harrison. Mr. Harrison has installed 3 or 4 domed gold bead front sights for me, over the years. He recently did some work on my Colt 38 Super. While at his facility for other work, John installed his domed gold bead front sight, and his retro notched rear sight. Send him your slide only, he’ll fabricate what you need. Quick turn time, approximately two weeks. Best of luck!

128D445C-4CE7-4F78-923D-6CDF7CFECAA7.jpeg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to provide an update; I sent the slide to John Harrison for him to take some measurements to see if he could install a gold bead on the front sight.

That slide delivered to him last friday. He had a gold bead in that front sight and an invoice sent to me today. I'm kinda blown away with how quickly it was done and I'll be sure to post a picture when it arrives!

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
Alright folks this may be a longshot but I've been really hoping to throw a gold bead front sight on my Colt XSE. Mine has this dovetail that sits closer to the end of the slide and it's not a normal novak cut or anything like that.

Does anyone know if there are any gold bead front sights for this particular cut floating around out there? I checked Novak's site since they make front sights for this cut but no gold bead: https://www.novaksights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9483
John Harrison Custom made a special gold bead sight for my DW PM9 .

edit: it only took about a week.

·
Get off my lawn...
14,822 Posts
I just want to provide an update; I sent the slide to John Harrison for him to take some measurements to see if he could install a gold bead on the front sight.

That slide delivered to him last friday. He had a gold bead in that front sight and an invoice sent to me today. I'm kinda blown away with how quickly it was done and I'll be sure to post a picture when it arrives!
Quite the Gentleman! He’s installed 3 or 4 gold bead front sights for me. You couldn’t ask for a nicer guy! Look forward to your pics!!

·
born in the wrong century
4,329 Posts
Awesome.

I can see your reflection with the cellphone in hand in that sight.

You did right by that Colt.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
There goes some more money!
Looks great, going to have to send a slide to him and get one.

Reactions: vermilionbird
1 - 13 of 13 Posts