Any Good Bargain Carry Belts?

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by Nalajr, Sep 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 340pd

340pd Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
  2. itsmekevin

itsmekevin Active Member

Jan 16, 2018
    I also vote for the Kore belt.

I like the "leather" look since I can wear it to the office everyday, and the micro adjustments are great since I am always losing/gaining weight, depending on the meal.

3. jaypopsti

jaypopsti Member

Nov 17, 2017
    I picked up a wilderness 5 stitch instructors belt for $62.00 shipped. It took awhile to get it but it’s the tits as web belts go.

4. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    This pretty much nails it.

I can carry lightweight single-stacks on draw-string shorts in the summer if needed. But when the large bore "Heat" comes out in the cooler months, I need a reinforced leather belt.

My all-time favorite so far is a Hank's steel-lined, double-layer leather belt that is so rigid it will stay circular even after taken off. :D It was $100 off amazon, but I will be giving some of these reinforced nylon belts a look - the double-layer leather belts creak every time you move, and it's driving my wife nuts. Great belt though.

5. random84

May 4, 2020
    Poor reviews on this company (Ciguera Gear AKA Alonso Defense Group) regarding customer service / returns / defective products. They have an "F" from the BBB. I'm sure their belts are fantastic (and I'm contemplating taking a chance on one), but it looks like any purchase will be a roll of the dice: they're not going to help you out if there's a mistake.

ETA: decided to go with a Kore order instead.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    rblondon likes this.
  6. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    At almost 69 I do not think much about weight ,so I will pay for a custom leather belt & I have
    one now for summer & one for winter. I just have not decided which one to be buried in lOL.

Other than that I'm through with cloth belts for carrying my 1911s.

rblondon likes this.
  7. random84

May 4, 2020
    I just got my Kore in. One nylon and one leather.

They are nice belts - the ratchet system is different but effective and i like it. The stiffer nylon version is very light, so thats nice and it is comfortable to wear - but holding the belt as if I were wearing it with two hands in place of my hips, the belt easily folds over with the weight of a steel commander inbetween my hands.

My Hanks steel-lined belt in the same condition keeps the steel Commander in a vertical position.

IMHO, the Kore belt is nice- and is a "dressy" CCW belt, but my leather steel-lined Hanks is easily twice as rigid as a proper gunbelt, and distributes the weight more effectively.

I'll wear them all though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Wildcat Creeker

Wildcat Creeker Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
  9. 1911JMB

1911JMB New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    I'm very happy with my Nexbelt. No holes, adjustable over an 8" range if your weight is fluctuating, and I paid $49.00 with a new-customer discount. They're also very nice people.

10. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    ive been using a Wilderness Kydex lined instructors belt for 3 years almost daily for work with a bunch of gear and off duty and it is great displaces the weight great, looks great still, and it was $70 or so. Highly recommend

jaypopsti likes this.
  11. Lamey

Lamey Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 19, 2019
    After I got too fat for my Sparks, I've tried multiple inexpensive belts but wasn't satisfied, just not stable enough for me. Ordered a Bulman since he was making me a holster anyway. Money well spent.

12. LostRonin

LostRonin Active Member

Oct 3, 2020
    A belt is more important than the holster in my opinion. I have a Rafters leather belt from about 15 years ago. Still works great.

My current carry belt is a Bullhide Belts, basic one. I think it was $60 on sale. Usually it's $85. Even at $85 it's worth every penny.

Your belt is your carry foundation. I've carried for over twenty years. Buy a good belt up front. Save yourself the misery.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted