1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Any good state or local gun forums?

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Maddogkiller 
#1 ·
Heading to Little Rock to see an old friend. Might even make the move if I like it. We are blessed in Arizona to have several state gun forums, are there any in Arkansas?

#15 ·
Loved my visits to Cabot. But I'm really now looking at the Ozarks and the Bull Shoals area. I know this last year's weather has been weird everywhere. While I'd love to be out in the country, I need fairly nearby accessible healthcare, (and VA too), shopping, etc. What say you all to this area? Got a friend who bought a small farm east of Branson. While I've researched gun laws in both AR and MO. Any input there? No liberal areas, that's why I'm leaving AZ. Anyone interested in a trade of homes? :cool:

#16 ·
Fayetteville has a VA hospital and Fort Smith has a clinic and is building a new one. Arkansas is more tax friendly to retirees than MO. Our Governor signed a Stand your ground law today and we have constitutional carry. If you get an enhanced permit you can carry on school campuses and in certain businesses where carry is restricted.

#17 ·
I've been getting many recommendations about NW Arkansas. Fayetteville looks good, large enough to have amenities, but not a huge city. My vision is fading, so would like nearby basic shopping and restaurants. Been on Realtor.com and Zillo, but not knowing the area I have no idea what part of town to concentrate on. It's only me, so a small house would be great. Minimal maintenance, small yard. Seems like there are many old homes that might require lots of work. I'd like a stable neighborhood with few rentals. A nice covered porch or deck would be nice. Must be a single story. Can anyone recommend what area to look? I called a realtor, of course they want to sell me anything, I don't trust them. My visit to a friend's home in Cabot showed me amazing low housing costs, but I'd rather be in the NW. I was surprised that the county was "dry". I don't live in bars, but enjoy a few beers with fellowship.

#21 ·
Born and raised in Cabot. Still live just outside of town. Dry county yes but several bars and liquor stores on the Lonoke/Pulaski line a mile outside of town. Great schools here. People flooded Cabot from all across the country in the 90’s because of them. Great hunting, fishing, hiking and general outdoor activities all around.
Having said that, NWA is beautiful, either way Arkansas is a nice place.

#23 ·
I transferred down 3 yrs ago from ND. Settled in the Morrilton are because the office is in tinycock aka littlerock. Conway is pretty decent but I prefer russelville's more conservative nature. both have a VA clinic, higher academia and associated infrastructure. VA procedures are mainly in little rock though.

Cabot to Greenbrier are kind of suburbs to little rock but still "country" enough to be enjoyable.
sales tax is about 10% which takes some getting used too but otherwise...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.