1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the link below to a 2019 website for High Standard. I am a fan with a couple of the Hartford guns and a few of the Hamden guns. I think there is still room in the gun box and safe for another HS especially if I can find a Shea 10X version. I tried to contact them a couple of days ago but have not heard anything back.
Has anyone done business with them? Does anyone now if they are building guns?

I bought a used 106 Supermatic Trophy over 30 years ago and cannot even guess how many tens of thousands of rounds I've put through it. A few weeks ago I stumbled across a 106 Supermatic Citation and scarfed it up. It has seen very little if any use. I'm working on remedying that error.

· Registered
43 Posts
Greetings. I have a 102 Tournament I inherited from my step-grandfather back in the early 1990's. It is one of the "slant grip" models, but has the push-button barrel take-down. When I got it, it had a 4-1/2 bull barrel, but later online research showed that it was originally sold with a 2-barrel set, that included a 6-3/4 bull barrel. The Tournament barrels were somewhat specific, so finding the right one was a lengthy process. I was finally able to acquire the right barrel from an eBay seller about 10 years ago.

There is a guy on rimfirecentral.com website, in the High Standard sub-forum, who works for the current High Standard; his name is Alan Aronstein IIRC. He is usually good answering questions, at least on that forum.

There is another website, highstandardinfo.com that is pretty good. The "owner' of that website is John Stimson Jr. He has a lot of the original HS sales orders, that show how the various guns left the factory, as far as configurations, accessories, etc.

Good luck.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings. I have a 102 Tournament I inherited from my step-grandfather back in the early 1990's. It is one of the "slant grip" models, but has the push-button barrel take-down. When I got it, it had a 4-1/2 bull barrel, but later online research showed that it was originally sold with a 2-barrel set, that included a 6-3/4 bull barrel. The Tournament barrels were somewhat specific, so finding the right one was a lengthy process. I was finally able to acquire the right barrel from an eBay seller about 10 years ago.

There is a guy on rimfirecentral.com website, in the High Standard sub-forum, who works for the current High Standard; his name is Aron Aronstein IIRC. He is usually good answering questions, at least on that forum.

There is another website, highstandardinfo.com that is pretty good. The "owner' of that website is John Stimson Jr. He has a lot of the original HS sales orders, that show how the various guns left the factory, as far as configurations, accessories, etc.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information. The first time I ever had one in my hands was in 1975 while on the Marine Corps Summer Development Team. The two Hartford guns I have are excellent shooters. I also have three Victors and one Supermatic Military from the Hamden days. I am rebuilding one of the Victors. I don't remember which Supermatic model that last one is but it was never fit up correctly and will not feed even with correctly adjusted magazines. That explains the incredible condition it is in. One of the Victors (NIB) is late version as it has the takedown screw.
I own Great Lakes Tool & Engineering a tool and die machine shop specializing in designing and building inspection and functional gages and low volume high value components for OEM customers. I'm retired but have been thinking about programing and machining a HS frame from a 7000 series aluminum. We work in those materials almost every day for one aerospace customer and when hardcoat anodized they are highly wear resistant.

· Registered
836 Posts
I’ve got a half dozen or so HS’s from the 70’s and beyond. My favorite is the Victor.

I was thinking of buying a SW m41 back in the 90’s. I couldn’t shoot it any better than the Victor, so I passed.

· Registered
2,033 Posts
Ed Harris
There is a name to conjure with. I think he is one of the most level headed writing shooters out there. Is he posting or publishing somewhere I don't know about?

My old Citation Military is probably my most accurate pistol. I finally gave in and bought some usable magazines from the rump organization in Texas so I could get through a Steel Challenge stage, tired of tinkering with gun show junk.

I have read a little by and about the successor organization in Montana but don't know how much they are really doing.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve got a half dozen or so HS’s from the 70’s and beyond. My favorite is the Victor.

I was thinking of buying a SW m41 back in the 90’s. I couldn’t shoot it any better than the Victor, so I passed.
I bought a M41 too, I think from their Bangor Punta days. What a nightmare. The slide / spring combination has to be precise to reliably extract and feed. That and for a while I thought it had left handed grips on it because of the interference with the trigger finger. It sits in my safe.

· Premium Member
22,131 Posts
There is a name to conjure with. I think he is one of the most level headed writing shooters out there. Is he posting or publishing somewhere I don't know about?

My old Citation Military is probably my most accurate pistol. I finally gave in and bought some usable magazines from the rump organization in Texas so I could get through a Steel Challenge stage, tired of tinkering with gun show junk.

I have read a little by and about the successor organization in Montana but don't know how much they are really doing.
Ed's an old friend, he still writes for the fouling shot and there's an irregular puication about "snub nosed" revolvers

Fouling shot is published for members of the Cast Bullet Association.

I RO'ed at Early Steel Challenges.Mike Dalton finally retired years ago.

· Registered
4,426 Posts
A Double Nine .22lr was the first gun I gave one of my nephews. The HS that I personally have lusted after is a Model "D" 6&3/4" barrel. My uncle had a couple, but I got into Ruger MKII's and in recent years the Browning Buckmark. There is no joy replacement for a .22 handgun(or rifle, for that matter) and High Standard's are fine guns.

It will be interesting to see if new guns are ever really produced in any numbers. I hope they are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts