1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have about 8 from WWII from my FIL. Anybody know who in the industry has expertise on these?

I’d like to properly clean them up and fire them out of respect and remembrance of him and his service to our country.

·
Premium Member
28,393 Posts
Love the rifle, the most elegant of all the battle rifles.

I have one, will be the absolute last rifle I ever part with.

M5Fan…..what do you need to know?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I live them, and do not have the funds for a propper one. Huge respect.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Love 'em ... shoot 'em ... and most importantly, they deserve mucho respect for the history of sacrifice they stand for.

The M1 kept us free - in WW2, in Korea, and they also served with Kennedy's 'advisors' in the early days of 'Nam.

·
Livin Large
1,926 Posts
Here is mine. Was awarded to my son Navy Senior Chief from the Interservice Matches at Camp Pendelton.
Inscribed by the Commander Of The Fleet. First of 4 he has been awarded over the years.
Springfield in .308. Was a big "hit" at the last Addicts Shoot West. Hit a gong with a 5.56 and ding. Hit it with this and
'goonngg"!! It MAY be back this year.

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
Over the past 3 or so years gone through a collection of over 35 M1s. Including several military built NM rifles, not including the ones here. My favorite is a USMC 7.62X51 National Match rifle. a few are still in cosmoline. several were brought up to NM type 1 and type 2 NM standards. Pictures are on my old computer.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Over the past 3 or so years gone through a collection of over 35 M1s. Including several military built NM rifles, not including the ones here. My favorite is a USMC 7.62X51 National Match rifle. a few are still in cosmoline. several were brought up to NM type 1 and type 2 NM standards. Pictures are on my old computer.
lets save those old computer pictures..

·
Registered
515 Posts
I love mine, it was a gift from a friend. I watched a video and took it apart, cleaned it, swapped the gas piston head (maybe?) so that I could shoot standard 30-06. Lubed and reassembled it and it has been awesome ever since.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tomorrow or early next week. A kid in town has the setup to plug in the old laptop HD. Been working on M1s (as time permits) since Sherwoods. We used to refurbish hundreds at a time headed out of the country.
get those pics backed up and copied to your newer computer to enjoy.. I'm in IT and the biggest negative/positives in technology with photos/pic from past.. no more waiting 10 days for the photo-mat..(y) no waiting days for Walgreens/Walmart/where-ever(y)... but people think there computer HD will last forever, don't have backups, don't' print pictures. (n)there computer dies, barfs.. whatever.. O-well , I don't need anything on there.. Pics are gone forever.... Even I'm guilty of losing pictures.. but I have multiple copies of everything on my computer,, backed up EVERY day. But things still get lost in the shuffle.
Bottom line, backup EVERYTHING... Print out those favorite photos, enjoy and show off those memories that mean so much to you...

back to the OP.. I love my M1, and will drag it out for the group./..

Carry on.. :D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi,
A pic of my Roland Beaver, USMC MATCH .308 Garand.

1942 SA receiver and Douglas Match Barrel, with a custom laminated stock, glass bedded.

It will shoot 3/4" groups rested, with handloads using H-4895 Powder.

Wifey, will have to sell it after I'm gone!

I paid, $1400, in 1991 for it, worth, every penny!

Motor vehicle Sewing machine Wood Engineering Toolroom

·
Registered
787 Posts
I gifted an unfired a CMP SP M1 SA receiver (1943) to my son a couple years ago. It's treasured and shot with accuracy. The CMP rifle was reconditioned beautifully.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts