1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has been following my previous post about using RED thread lock to secure the mounting plate for my SRO, someone at the range suggested a product called ROCKSETT. Does anyone have experience with this stuff? So far, the RED is holding fine but it’s always nice to have a backup plan...

·
Registered
614 Posts
I ordered some for some muzzle devices. From what I know about it, a high temp semi permanent threadlocker. Water and heat dissolve the bond, so common removal is setting it in boiling water for a few minutes. Not sure if you are wanting to put in on your plate mounting screws on the plate itself, if it is the plate themselves I am sure this is a better product for that application.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
As stated above I've used it on muzzle devices with great results.
I've had good fortune with blue or red Loctite but have always cleaned
the threads really well before application. FWIW

Reactions: duketbrd88

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Yes on a surefire muzzle brake. I wouldn't suggest using it for your application. Stick with the red and if that doesn't hold, maybe call the manufacturer and see what they will do about it. Do you have a picture of your setup?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.