1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering a CA 556 by Christensen Arms.... have heard some customer service horror stories, but never had a bad experience with them personally. Fit and finish on the AR is nice, trigger is great, feels like a solid AR...

Anyone have a strong opinion one way or the other on Christensen Arms?

·
Premium Member
28,010 Posts
Great components, wonderful barrels.
A good one is a great one, a bad one, while extremely rare, will be a PITA

·
Banned
128 Posts
My experience is that there is a point of diminishing returns. I dont think that their rifles shoot 2x better groups than a $1000 rifle BUT you do shed a decent amount of weight. To me, a Christiansen Arms rifle is a perfect long range hunting gun as they can make them LIGHTWEIGHT and easy to pack. I dont know how I feel about a carbon fiber barrel on a chassis gun but then again I dont know how well carbon fiber heats up or how that would affect groups. Now, if you like how the rifle feels or looks that is a whole other optic. I wont fault a guy for spending big money because he likes the feel or look of a rifle.

·
Batteries_included
595 Posts
I used a few Christensen components in my first AR build. I used an Olympic slab-sided upper that was a little thicker than all the other uppers (to get some rigidity), and had Christensen make and install a free-floating 20" carbon fiber wrapped Shilen stainless bull barrel in 5.56. I am also using one of their carbon fiber handguards as well. It is fairly lightweight for a 20" bull. My intended use was for predator hunting and it did quite well for me. It was a very pricey build, though, and I haven't recommended anyone to follow in those footsteps.

As far as heating the barrel goes, I found that the limiting factor for me is the gas tube. It would get untouchable hot before the barrel would even start to get warm.

Customer service was decent, only a couple of weeks longer than 'promised' and the work has been flawless.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Their bolt guns are hit and miss, if they shoot decent. I don't care for their carbon barrels, they tend to walk real bad when they get 3-4 shots on them. It's caused by how they wrap the barrels. Stick with proof or bartlien if you want an accurate and consistent carbon barrel.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know this is off topic, but I've saw several of their bolt guns that had barrels riding the forend, off centered, **** bedding jobs, and horribly inaccurate(2+moa). For what they cost, those issues shouldn't even exist.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Their bolt guns are hit and miss, if they shoot decent. I don't care for their carbon barrels, they tend to walk real bad when they get 3-4 shots on them. It's caused by how they wrap the barrels. Stick with proof or bartlien if you want an accurate and consistent carbon barrel.
that’s a bummer! I’ve got a 2021 MPR in 300WinMag with the CF wrapped barrel and it delivers sub-MOA as advertised. Christensen CS is excellent - they will make this right.

which bolt gun and caliber did you have the problem with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts