close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any PS90 fans here?

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Shipwreck, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    Anyone here with a PS90? I love mine. I've had my first one for 4.5 years now. I've changed the configuration of accessories a few times over the years. And, I changed from a 511 model EOTECH to an XPS2 model Eotech. That allowed me to fit a Unimax Lasermax laser in front of the optic.

I tried a few other rifle platforms since I got the first PS90, but I have liked none as well as the PS90. So, last summer, I sold an MSAR and picked up another PS90 with a black ringed optic.,

I've left this gun stock, except for adding some side rails on it. The blacked ringed sight is MUCH better than the original white ringed sight that the PS90s originally came with.

Anyway, after trying out several rifles, the PS90 has become my favorite rifle platform...

[​IMG]

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    It's a cool platform. But, damn is the ammo expensive.

3. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I got to shoot them quite a bit while at a SWAT school during my internship for college and they are definitely awesome!! But like Knedrgr said, ammo cost!!! But if i was shooting em for free like i did, id do it all day

4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Those are MFing cool. Would love to shoot one sometime.

5. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    One of my dream rifles. Maybe someday.

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I like them, especially if you make it an SBR and throw a suppressor on it.
    I almost bought one, but the ammo cost is what prevented me from doing so.

7. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    Well, honestly, if you know where to buy ammo, it's less than $20 a box - and around $19 or $19.50 usually. Admittedly, in town, its around $24 here. If I only shoot 1 box, I buy it in town. More, and I buy online.

I prev had an MSAR AUG that I sold in summer 2010 when I bought the 2nd PS90. Hell, decent 5.56 is $9.99 per box of 20. So, it's cheaper than that.

Admittedly, when I had a Five Seven years ago, I hated to shoot it out of a handgun because it was expensive handgun ammo. But out of a rifle, I have no guilt.

Lately, I've taken the mag clamp off, so the one with the Eotech is back to looking like this (just the 1 magazine) :

[​IMG]

But, I've owned that one for almost 5 years now. It's my fav platform,a nd I just had to get a 2nd one - and that's my battery free carbine.

8. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I had an AR57 upper and the 5.7 round was pretty sweet, loved the mags, too, got alot of attention at the range. Ended up selling it because it was an impulse buy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted