Any WILBER 92 Compact Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by SLAM37, Jul 3, 2020.

1. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Looking for first-hand experience with Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Compacts as pictured.
    wilson-combat-beretta-92g-compact-carry-10.jpg
    I own a WILBER 92G BrigTac and am smitten with it to the point I am thinking of finding a Compact version for carry. WC no-longer catalogs the Compacts since Beretta discontinued them in lieu of the 92X Compact and told me they do not plan on offering a package on the 92X Compact any time soon. So I can either find a stock one to send off to WC for the work, or see if there are any old ones out there to pick up at a fair price. The 92X Compact is tempting to send in for work, as it already has a dovetailed front sight installed, and comes in the G model de-cocker only version. Spendy either way though, so I wanted to hear first-hand about how they perform in the wild.

BTW, I have seen the Langdon Tactical pistols and am considering those as an option as well.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    One I definitely regret letting go. Not only great guns but I shot mine alongside Bill, Ryan, Joyce, and their crew. Should have held onto it for the memories.

I think @usmc_k9_vet still owns his and sent it to LTT for some work.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020

3. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Just a thought you do have The option to go with a Langdon 92-x compact.
    The Ltt pistols are sweet,

SLAM37 likes this.
  4. CPO15

CPO15 Active Member

May 2, 2013
    I was so pleased with my Wilson 92G Brig Tac that I also bought two and later bought the compact.

Was NOT impressed and traded it after about a year. Compact just didn’t seem to have the same level of attention from Wilson as rage full size gun, I didn’t shoot it particularly well and hated the front sight.

YMMV

SLAM37 likes this.
  5. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    I will probably go down this road. I think I can find one to handle here pretty easily to make sure I like it before buying.

6. k38

k38 Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    I have one of the WC/Beretta Compact Carry models--kind of a rare gun. I shoot mine about as well as my WC Brig Tac. Quite a good firearm, but getting spendy due to rarity. If you can find one at a reasonable price, I say go for it.

ronin11 and SLAM37 like this.
  7. Cbzr1107

Cbzr1107 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2019
    You can find the Compacts for about $427 on occasion. Keep an eye on gun.deals. I've seen both the Compact and full size listed for that amount. Multiple times.

8. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Well ... I gave up on finding a Wilson and decided to go with an LTT Compact from the man himself. Comes with his famous trigger job and should arrive in a few days. Happy to have the removable front sight too.

92-ltt-compact2__69534__42329.1590619207.jpg

9. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    That's what I'm talking about. Congrats.

switchback, ronin11 and SLAM37 like this.
  10. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Many thanks ... range report to follow when I bust it out of jail.

Raylan Givens likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted