1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for starters I'm a big guy with big mitts.I have owned a bunch of govt size 1911s including over the years 7 Wilsons.My dream gun was always a custom Ed Brown Executive Carry.I have always been a patient deal hunter who always just settles for whatever I can find used...I finally said what the hell and ordered exactly what I want new.I just got it and it is beautiful.The thing of it is that little bobtail corner missing does not fit "right" in my hand.I have not shot it up to my standards.I consider myself a good shot.At say 10 yards I can have a 6 shot group all touching with any of my 5" Wilsons.I am not shooting horrible,just not as good.Anybody else have this feeling with a bobtail commander?For example this is 100 rounds at 12-15 yards.I generally don't shoot a tiny carry gun well but I can't believe how much a litte corner missing is bothering my grip.
Grass Land lot Grassland Plain Rural area

·
Registered
707 Posts
I dislike them, I also have big hands besides with a 20° cant at 3:30 the corner dissappears

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the look of it.I never handled one before I ordered it.Didn't think it would be a big deal to me.I shot it last weekend and thought it just might have been an off day for me.Shot again today and am not naturally jelling like I had hoped.I read alot of "you either get along with one or you don't posts".Interesting.

·
Not so big Bob these days
595 Posts
I've never tried one and probably won't. I guess I'm kinda closed minded because I dislike the way they look pretty intensely. I'm actually surprised that I dislike them so strongly even though I've only seen them in pictures. Oh well, life is too short to be wasting any time wondering why, lol.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've had a bobtail Special Forces Carry for several years, and I shoot it about as well any standard 1911. I'm not really a fan of the look or feel though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have never had the opportunity to try one. I do dislike the look though and don't think I would ever purchase one.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,788 Posts
I to have never tried one, yet! So I'm not sure but I kind of like the look of a round butt;)
Imagine that is what I would go with if not a traditional grip.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts