1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here some shots around Oahu. Mostly the windward side.

Pistol side at Koko Head.

Silhouette side on a match day.

Sunrise Kaneohe Bay. Morning paddle.

Looking back while out on a paddle.

Moon rise

Calm winter morning

Axis deer on Molokai

From late 2013.

Aloha!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Molokai probably has the most Axis. I'm talking it's not uncommon to see more than a hundred in a herd. The guide said one herd we saw had 500 deer. Even with all the animals they are smart, leery and fast. You will need a guide. I can refer you to the main guy if you ever need. The deer run wild on Molokai.

You can also hunt on a guys ranch in Maui. It's fenced. I heard it's pretty nice.
http://www.mauideerhunting.com/index.php

I just found out about this deal on the island of Niihau. Niihau is called the "Forbidden Island" and you can only go if you are invited. Very few people ever get to that island. I want to learn more about it.
http://www.niihau.us/safaris.html

A trip to Maui would be pretty sweet. You could go hunt a couple of days and then spend time at the beach if that appeals to you. You could even catch the Ferry to Molokai and hunt over there too.

I think it would be awesome. Lot's of options.

Later,
Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran into my neighbor in the water this morning.

The guy is amazing. He's 84 and check it out...he's got his fins and mask in the bag behind him. How cool is that. Pushing 85. How does he do it you ask? I'm sorry to say he's a vegetarian.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yeah lots of options. We had even considered getting in on the drawing hunt on lanai but it just didn't work with schedules. That's a pretty cool last picture. My Grandpa just turned 90 and he has lived his whole life eating steak and potatoes so it gives me a little hope haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.