close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody heavily invested in GE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimmy james, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:20 PM.

1. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    I'm suicidal. Half my/our retirement is in GE stock. Half of that half gone on paper. The last GE bloodleting it went down to 13 and change. They need to clawback every last cent they can fron Immelt. He proved that any fool can be a CEO. We would have been better off with a chimp and a dart board.

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
    If you're heavily invested in anything outside of seeds and ammo these days it could spell trouble. Factions of our government don't want you to retire at all. They want more of your money now, and any that you may have later.

1911fanatic, LPRoad and tac45 like this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm a financial advisor, I'm sorry to say that GE is going to be like Kodak, Polariod, Xerox and IBM.

ZArugby likes this.
  4. mikegalway

mikegalway DILLIGAF Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    More like enron .

5. azguy1911

azguy1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 22, 2015
    Enron was criminal, the companies I mentioned failed to look around them and see that the world had changed. GE should have used their vast resources to be the leading chip maker or driver-less car technology provider. Or maybe the leading cloud storage provider.

GE let the world (technology) pass them by without once asking are we missing something, are we well positioned, where's the future headed, etc.

ZArugby, salelcid and Babboonbobo like this.
  6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    Siemens - the new GE . . . . . (no disrespect intended JJ)

Mike Meints likes this.
  7. 68camaro

68camaro Active Member

May 12, 2015
    I have small exposure to GE, wish I sold previously. Win some lose some. I will wait for dead cat bounce to unload...

8. 68camaro

68camaro Active Member

May 12, 2015
    I am sorry to hear this, sucks big time. I hope people can use your experience to realize you need to diversify and limit exposure to any one name.

Babboonbobo and tac45 like this.
  9. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    It's my wife's GE sponsored 401K. She worked for GE for 17yrs...before they laid her off. I personally think buy and hold of common stocks is for suckers. At least it is only 50% of our retirement savings and even the mega crook Jim Cramer was heavily invested in it or I should say he had other people's money heavily invested in it. Supposedly the investment/fund he runs is philanthropic.

10. cfl4rat

cfl4rat Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Wanna be my advisor? I need to have the people at Vanguard manage my stuff because I don’t know where to move my funds, the market has been booming but my stock isn’t doing ****!

11. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    JJ ,very sorry to hear this , God knows everyone should be able to retire at some point .

ZoidMeister likes this.
  12. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    DITTO! Can you do bizness in Georgia? PM me . . . .

13. Apollo12

Apollo12 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 4, 2017
    Retired Stockbroker/Financial Advisor whatever they want to call it these days. Way too early to call on this yet gentlemen. If it is in an account where you can use options use them. If it’s still at GE move it and use options. Fidelity, Schwab etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    Oh hell it's just money paper. I'm already retired 3 years now. Thanks for the sentiment anyway. An old co-worker has been trying to get me to come back to work. I may have to.

tac45 likes this.
  15. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    JJ , glad all is OK. I’m glad I was vested in the seaweed business :roflmaro:

3E5363A4-4A49-4604-8D48-6263DE1774EC.jpeg

16. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I sold all of my GE stock last year after about 15 years of accumulation. I'd like to say I am really smart, but sometimes circumstances just make you look that way. Better lucky than good I guess. Emmelt has always been a scum bag. No shock there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. dash

dash Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 3, 2016
    I liked the Jack Welch years. Jeff Immelt seemed more interested in or dependent on politics than business, especially left-leaning politics IMO, and the company lost innovation.

If the USA would ever restart it’s nuclear power program GE would see a favorable bounce.

Journeyman1234 likes this.
  18. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    It may bounce back in a few years.

19. joeg26er

joeg26er Active Member

May 6, 2017
  20. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    Love me some nori!

tac45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted