1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
In for the ride. Just got one as part of a trade with a member on here and after I put it through it’s paces I am hoping to carry it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used kydex with single plastic clips and broke the clips on two occasions. I had to shove the holster in my back pocket after those clips left me stranded, so I'm thinking leather this go round.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found a place selling the Sig IWB holster for 75% off so I bought it. After using it extensively I would have happily paid full price for it. It's great!

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
For my 365XL, I really like the JM Custom AIWB 2.5 Wing Claw. Another good option for hasty ops (to check the mailbox) is the Raven Concealment Vanguard.

If I were going leather, it would be a Milt Sparks SSII - which they do have in stock.
Strap Webbing Baggage Digital camera Silver
Material property Metal Everyday carry Silver Still life photography

·
just one more
656 Posts
Currently carry in a Vedder. I like kydex and don't have any experience with leather and this gun. tons of kydex makers out there, go with someone established is all I can say. I've never had a problem with clips but I only use molded clips never a clip made from kydex as I've seen those break.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Currently carry in a Vedder. I like kydex and don't have any experience with leather and this gun. tons of kydex makers out there, go with someone established is all I can say. I've never had a problem with clips but I only use molded clips never a clip made from kydex as I've seen those break.
I’ve seen molded clips break in classes as well, the Discreet Carry Concepts clips seem like a great alternative so far but I do prefer loops.

Reactions: team101

·
Registered
37 Posts
After receiving a DM I reread what I wrote and now realize I need to be more clear. I bought the Sig IWB holster with the claw. Also, the place I purchased it has raised the price.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,448 Posts
I don't know if any of you guys have/had been subscribers to the armory channel on YouTube but he started a holster company (molded kydex) and it's an interesting watch and better yet you can talk to the actual holster make and get custom touches if you wish and I bet he'll stand behind everything 1000%

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too recommend the Vedder Light Tuck, have been using it AIWB since Oct of 18 with no issues. Very comfortable. Also have a Vedder Pocket Locker for formal days with no issues. For OWB, no issues with my leather Desantis Mini Slide. Pulls in tight and concealable. I wish I could answer your question regarding the TT.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like that, but it doesn't look like they offer it anymore.
Not on their website any longer. That sucks. I love that holster

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not on their website any longer. That sucks. I love that holster
This sounds obvious but have you tried a generic google search? I found a Kydex holster I liked for one gun then wanted to order the same holster for another gun. The manufacturer had discontinued it but I found it in stock at an online retailer. (Also if it’s the Crossbreed you liked maybe take a look at Alien gear, it’s a similar design)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts