Anyone CCW the HK 45 Compact or the HK USP 9 or 9c??

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nalajr, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all.
    Question. Does anyone own and shoot the HK 45 Compact? If so, what do you think of it? Do you use it as your carry piece? It holds 8+1, I think, and weighs around 28 ounces which puts it in CCO aluminum frame range.

If you do t carry the 45c, how about the USP series 9 or 9 compact? Thoughts??

Do these HK full size and compact pistols stand up well against what else is out there? I’ve never owned one of them, but have always liked the feel and look.

Thanks all for your time. larry

NewWaveGuy01 likes this.
  2. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Thoughts are buy pants 10" to big in the waist to fit the slide IWB.

3. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon Active Member

May 6, 2020
    I carry a P30L and HK45 concealed all the time.

edit: not at the same time. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    RN47 and Alexander Menningmann like this.
  4. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    I have carried a 45c and P2000sk in the past, no issues with either. I wish I still had the 45c, outstanding pistol. I have owned a number of HK’s and never had a single issue with any of them.....all had LEM triggers. Never worry about an HK, just buy it and shoot it.

Good holster, good belt and you can carry about anything.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    NewWaveGuy01 and Green Dragoon like this.
  5. Alexander Menningmann

Alexander Menningmann Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Hk 45c is a great carry pistol. Easy to conceal and in the LEM variant it cleans up the rear with a C672CD55-9C01-493F-AA16-0438E50894AB.jpeg 444EF210-9407-4382-A526-99EA8B06E147.jpeg bobbed hammer and no levers. Very comfortable. I use a JMCK george for both a p30 and Hk45c.

cgff likes this.
  6. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I like mine, HK45C, carried it a bit and then I got older and have a bad back... Don't carry it now but shoot it often..

7. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    HK45c owner, and I did CCW it for some time not as often now, also CCW the p30 and the uspc 9
    Usp 9 no. One item/mod to the HK pistols I would recommend for CCW is to change the finger rest mag floor plates to the flat flush floor plates, makes a huge difference. Currently the P30 is relegated to chores at home and range, the 45c is on safe duty, My uspc was traded towards a HK P2000 with a lem trigger which has now been upgraded to light Lem.
    There a tad big As compared to today’s popular CCW wonders. Most always carried via Galco summer comfort strong side IWB. My current CCW is a G29 as it accepts G20 mags.
    Why switch hmm turn on the news.

Alexander Menningmann likes this.
  8. River Rat

River Rat Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2017
    Have a 45C and a 2000SK. My favorite non 1911's. Never failed to go bang with any ammo. Both are pretty easily carried and concealed with the right clothes and holsters.

9. TherewasX

TherewasX 1911 Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    I carry a HK45c everyday. Light LEM, with talon rubber grips. It is by far the best compact .45 you can get today imho. If carrying appendix I see no problem there as long as you get a good quality holster, and a good quality belt. I believe that there are mag extensions for more capacity but I think only for the 10 round mags, which would only make sense I suppose.

Spokes and Alexander Menningmann like this.
  10. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I carried a USP C 357 Sig/40 S&W for 25 years, everywhere I went. I never used a holster, it was tucked in the waist band of my Wrangler jeans. As soon as I got to my vehicle where ever I was going, I took it out & it rode right beside me on my center console. That's 25 years guys, everyday I left the home to go anywhere. And fishing, it was in a Blackhawk Serpa retention holster that I had screwed to my center console. At work, same thing, a Blackhawk screwed onto the side of my desk. Nighttime, right beside me on the bed stand.

You can safely say that I trusted HK USP C 357 Sig with my life. In fact I would trust any HK that I had shot before, the reason for having 10 HK's. And BTW, I have several HK .45's & they're great but my favorite is the 357 SIG. As I've gotten older I find myself shooting one of my 4 HK 9mm's more than anything else. They are awesome to shoot & practice with.

One thing I'd like to say, after 25 years of carrying my USPC, it still looks amazing original finish & all!

Jim D.

11. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Good thread. I have been thinking of the same questions for some time. The HK45c or ct v1 can be carried cocked and locked, but what is the advantage over a lightweight .45 Commander? Round count is the same. I assume the HK is a little lighter but the Commander is flatter to carry? Anyone on the comparison? Which shoots better given size, weight, etc.?

12. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    HK reliability.

NewWaveGuy01 and cgff like this.
  13. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    +1, +2, +3, etc. for RELIABILITY! That's the reason that you can put your & your family's life on the line, pure trust that it's reliable when needed.

Spokes and cgff like this.
  14. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I know HKs are pretty much 100 percent reliable and sadly 1911s are not, but I have 2 Commanders that are 100 percent reliable. So I was more interested in comparing shooting and carry characteristics.

Sorry for the thread hijack, we got a little off topic due to my question.

15. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    I just started carrying a 1911 again after going away from them for a few years. prior to getting the 1911 I had been carrying a P2000SK, IWB then went to the VP9SK. The P2000SK carried nicely, but I couldn’t make the VP9sk work for me. It was difficult to get a good grip on the pistol out of the holster, and I had the “pinky” extensions on the mags.

Then I got my 1911, bought a Milt Sparks VM ll and what a difference. The 1911 is the Dan Wesson ECP.45 and it just sets perfectly at 4:00, well concealed, easy to get a good grip. I’m good to go as long as it doesn’t start showing any 1911 finicky action. If that happens I’ll find a 45c to carry again.

I shoot 1911’s better then other pistols, except my VP9 is close second. All my HK’s had light LEM triggers.

Spokes and Greenrunner like this.
  16. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Point shooting: I shoot 1911's dead flat to POI. HK's, I shoot high when point shooting. It's the grip angle. 1911's are generally thinner and more designed for comfort so they're more comfortable to carry IMHO. But I'll return to "trust". I "trust" my HK's more than any 1911 I've ever had. A person has to decide that for himself.

Spokes, Greenrunner and Ohio like this.
  17. Linkscoach

Linkscoach Member

Sep 25, 2016
    I used to carry a 45c pretty regularly. It was my ban state and backwoods gun. Carried it all over several mountains in Colorado and on many hunting trips. I think JM Custom is making holsters for it again. That’s what I was using and highly recommend his products.

Spokes and Greenrunner like this.
  18. ak_in_ca

ak_in_ca Well-Known Member

May 18, 2020
    Buy a P30 if you're gonna go HK the USP is a great pistol but blocky and not comfortable to carry, I carried one for a while about 17 years ago and now its just a safe queen. The P30 and VP9 are both fantastic pistols and when I carry polymer, the VP9 gets the nod 9 times out of 10. The HK45 is also a great shooting pistol I wouldn't turn down, very long first trigger pull but the single action is crisp with a great reset.

19. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I carry a 45c in an OWB Chief Jason holster when I am up at our mountain place. Used to carry a Vbob and then realized I didn’t need to abuse the 1911 like that. The HK is perfect for me when hiking, working on the property or sitting by the firepit.

20. sparkyfender

sparkyfender Active Member

Nov 26, 2017
    I carry the HK USP Compact in 9mm quite often. Not the smallest handgun, especially for the capacity, but they are in line with the Glock 19 size guns.

Totally reliable, and that is the main thing.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted