1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold all my guns as time went on. I never shot them much and as always, needed funds for other toys. One of my most favorite pieces was my USP 9mm Expert V1. It practically became an extension of my own hand it fit so well. I will be replacing soon but I might look at the USP9c this time.. not sure. Lets hear your opinions, likes and dislikes!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Huge HK fan here. I've EDC'd a USPcompact, P2000sk, P2000 or P30sk in one version or another since the early 90s (not the P30sk, of course). They are my goto, has to work gun and I bet my life on them. That said, I'm very fortunate to be able to collect a number of the other HK firearms in the range (pistols, rifles and subguns).

HK may hate us, but I am certainly down for more abuse...

·
Registered
811 Posts
HK fan myself. I'm slowly moving away from my P7's to the P Series of pistols now. They're much cheaper.

I have never tried the USP9 or the compact but I would imagine it is a great firearm giving the history of the design.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I sold all my guns as time went on. I never shot them much and as always, needed funds for other toys. One of my most favorite pieces was my USP 9mm Expert V1. It practically became an extension of my own hand it fit so well. I will be replacing soon but I might look at the USP9c this time.. not sure. Lets hear your opinions, likes and dislikes!
Seek out a usp9 or uspc9, 👍. Add light Lem trigger and bullets. Oh almost forgot lots & lots of mags.
the usp line of pistols are just sweet shooters.
strong fondness here for the uspc 9. Even more so make it a 2 tone.

·
Registered
137 Posts
After reading so many positive posts and reviews on HKs I figured I'd better try them out. I so wanted to drink the Coolade. After shooting or owning an HK 45, P2000, USP, a USPC, and P30, they've all gone bye bye. Nothing wrong with them - don't get me wrong-just kind meh to shoot and, try as I might, couldn't get excited about them. Out of the box triggers are nothing special. Variable ergonomics. Not very consistent controls across the different platforms. For a polymer pistol, and EDC I'll stick with, yes, Glocks. Likewise, nothing special, nothing to get excited about, but less expensive, equally bulletproof, controls and ergos consistent across platforms, plentiful mags and parts for reasonable cost, like them or not. Pull the trigger, goes bang. That's it. Both, IMHO, are functional tool for a specific purpose. Might feel differently if I had never held and fired a 1911. Just sayin...;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
The USP(c) is darn large (hand fit wise) for a compact. I did a lot of reading before I bought one, and the consistent review point was their absolute reliability. Users with 70k rounds and only simple routine maintenance. Eros pretty good. Trigger "meh". For the price I say good value.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a usp9c and liked it a lot. It shot great but just didn’t fit a need as it was larger than most of my carry guns and smaller than other home defense and range guns. I ended up trading it for a usp45 that now lives in my wife’s nightstand. As large as that gun is, for some reason it is my wife’s favorite To shoot.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I very randomly came into a factory ported USP9 a few years ago.

A lot of people throw around that old saw "it shoots like a laser beam"...well it was one of the very few guns I've ever had that legit shot like a frickin' laser beam. Was very soft to shoot and had an uncanny ability to put the rounds right on top of each other.

In a moment of madness I traded it for a P30, I thought "The P30 is just an upgraded USP so it has to be even better!". Well I came away from the P30 extremely underwhelmed in comparison.

Ive had a few usp's in 45 since then but haven't had one in 9mm since. After growing up playing Half Life 2, I'd love to have one of the match versions!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a USP Elite in 9mm with a Match weight. Very nice to shoot and feels good in the hands. Initial reason I even bought it was the looks of the long barrel. Kind of went on a HK kick after picking up the Elite buying several other models but sold them all off except for the USP and an HK VP9 Match

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
A USP is a large pistol. Pushing 9mm through one seems like a wasted opportunity. Like having a 4 cylinder motor in a full size pick up truck. If 9mm is your preferred flavor, an HK P30LS is an excellent choice.
The L is for Long Slide and the S is for the external safety. It can be carried cocked and locked.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts