1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrinkled Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a syringe of this lube. Interested in hearing others experiences. Thanks.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,981 Posts
The name sounds like an experimental aircraft. Are you a qualified test pilot?;)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
My apologies OP it's kind of a running joke around here. All lube threads seem to evolve into the same thing. It starts with Industrial Grade Super Greasy X1000 LNMOP, (For Industrial Use Only), and it ends with everybody telling you what they use and why it's better.
Then there's a couple 100 posts that will tell you it doesn't matter what you use unless you fire 10000 rounds a day.
I use to be a sucker for cool names and packaging but I'm currently using 1/2 a quart of Harley Davidson Fork Oil left over from a suspension up grade. Guess what it works great and it'll last a long time. Bottom line is if you like it use it and it will be fine.
Sorry to bust your balls I was just trying to make a few people laugh I didn't mean anything personal.

·
Wrinkled Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kinda figured. I've seen the 15 page post on lubes that suck.

I keep a gallon of low odor mineral spirits & a quart of DEXRON ATF in a plastic bucket to dunk mags & other parts in. Works good. Mostly concerned about harming some of the Duty type of finishes.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Do not use XF-7 on the slide of a 1911! Been there done that. It may failure to go into battery.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Oops! Just did that on 3 auto-loaders.

I noticed the lube sticks real well & parts slide nicely. Now that you have mentioned this potential problem, I can see how that might occur.
I cleaned my 1911 and used this sparingly with a Qtip when I cleaned in Fall. Went to use it in Spring and had problems at a CCW class. I just hosed the slide with remoil spray wiped it down and it took off like a scalded dog.

This has worked great on pump shotguns!

Clean with QTips and use the oil of your choice. A quart of Mobil 1 will last a lifetime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh! I use my modified version of Ed's Red + Kroil. Seriously though I got suckered into buying a small bottle of Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil because it had a cool needle applicator. Seems kinda thick which I like as my Ed's Red which is mostly for cleaning is pretty thin. I have so many varieties of Gun Lubes downstairs its not funny.
Some of the more modern lubes seem to be closer to waxes and can get sticky if applied too heavily, allowed to sit for extended periods or used in cold weather. For an AR-15 that I can run a bunch and get hot they work pretty well on the BCG but I tend to stay with thinner lubes for my pistols.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts