1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That's funny. 8k for a glock. Now if it was for a custom 1911...
$8K? I wouldn’t pay $800.00 for a block if it flew out of the master of the universe’s butt, much less looked like something from a movie.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I shoot mine...a lot. I can’t shoot like John Wick though. I can’t speculate why people pay so much especially when Taran still offers the service. It’s the only Glock I will ever own though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not including legitimate shooters in that description sir. I’ve just seen some of the prices in GB that I know knowledgeable and experienced gun owners/shooters wouldn’t pay. They’ve all been tied to some sort of pop culture fad in some way. Now mind you, I like the John Wick movies a lot. They probably have the most realistic, yet entirely implausible gun fights I’ve ever seen on film. The weapons handling, reloads and bullet effects on target are amazing. But I still wouldn’t pay $8,000 for a COPY!!!! of one of the guns. Maybe a gun that was actually used in the movie? Maybe. But then my wife would feed it to me, suppository style and I’d never enjoy anything. Ever again.

ps my autocorrect changed the spelling of “gun” to “fun”. not entirely wrong, but irritating. hence the edit.

Eric

·
Banned
1,621 Posts
The bottom line is there are some serious block fan boys, and then even more dangerous- John Wick cultists who want the guns he used in the movie, and they’re willing to max out credit cards to do it. Those types don’t wait for build times, they want instant gratification. Then they’ll go to the range a few times, figure out they can’t shoot like Mr. Wick, put the gun in the safe, and eventually put it up on GB. Then they’ll be enraged when they can’t make their money back.

Eric

The people paying $8000+ for this gun aren’t using credit cards my friend. If they are it’s an Amex platinum card with a million dollar limit on it. They are on different levels than us.
Heck I sold a vehicle to somebody today and when it came time for me to do an electronic credit app I asked him what his gross monthly was? He said $200. I asked him again ‘monthly’? He said ‘yeah about $200k that’s a quick guess?’ You make that monthly what’s $8k for a gun no matter the make?

What's the O/U on the winning bidder actually paying?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
%100 they will pay. I’ve dealt with Tom/Keystone Arms a couple times and conversed with him a lot his emails. Quite rare when somebody doesn’t pay on one of his auctions. His presentation and pics bring 3-4 times more than similar auctions from other sellers and he does get the cream of the crop. Him and Lumberjack are both active on the Colt forum and get some stellar pieces.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I’m not including legitimate shooters in that description sir. I’ve just seen some of the prices in GB that I know knowledgeable and experienced gun owners/shooters wouldn’t pay. They’ve all been tied to some sort of pop culture fad in some way. Now mind you, I like the John Wick movies a lot. They probably have the most realistic, yet entirely implausible gun fights I’ve ever seen on film. The weapons handling, reloads and bullet effects on target are amazing. But I still wouldn’t pay $8,000 for a COPY!!!! of one of the guns. Maybe a gun that was actually used in the movie? Maybe. But then my wife would feed it to me, suppository style and I’d never enjoy anything. Ever again.

ps my autocorrect changed the spelling of “gun” to “fun”. not entirely wrong, but irritating. hence the edit.

Eric
Oh I agree completely. I can’t get into the mind of someone who will pay that much for a Taran Glock 34. Baffles me and I didn’t take any offense. It’s still in production. I kinda get the STI Combat Master because no more will ever be made. I have 5 of the John Wick guns so you can say I am a fan but I would pay over retail for any of them. They are all fun to shoot with the MPX being the most fun.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
The people paying $8000+ for this gun aren’t using credit cards my friend. If they are it’s an Amex platinum card with a million dollar limit on it. They are on different levels than us.
Heck I sold a vehicle to somebody today and when it came time for me to do an electronic credit app I asked him what his gross monthly was? He said $200. I asked him again ‘monthly’? He said ‘yeah about $200k that’s a quick guess?’ You make that monthly what’s $8k for a gun no matter the make?

%100 they will pay. I’ve dealt with Tom/Keystone Arms a couple times and conversed with him a lot his emails. Quite rare when somebody doesn’t pay on one of his auctions. His presentation and pics bring 3-4 times more than similar auctions from other sellers and he does get the cream of the crop. Him and Lumberjack are both active on the Colt forum and get some stellar pieces.
Definitely a lot more people than you think out there with more money than they know what to do with! I think I make great money but I don’t make that for a year! I’ll spend 3-5k for a 1911 but that’s insane for a Glk, I would buy a Barrett 50bmg when we start getting to those prices!

·
Banned
1,621 Posts

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
: )
It’s been in the loop long enough it doesn’t matter.
But- nice to know “the Rest of the Story”.
(Did Paul Harvey REALLY say that??)

;););)

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,021 Posts
157 bids, it was obviously highly contested.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I wonder if the winning bidder will pay. Been looking at this sellers listings and a lot of them get relisted. For example, there is a HK Mark 23 with the Maritime finish that sold for 2700 and is now relisted and is not bid up to 1825. Going through their listing history, this isn’t the only time. Will be interested to see if it gets relisted

21 - 40 of 45 Posts