Anyone following this $8K Glock on GB?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by goodguywithagun, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Rick McC.

Rick McC. Well-Known Member

May 3, 2013
    $8K? I wouldn’t pay $800.00 for a block if it flew out of the master of the universe’s butt, much less looked like something from a movie.

2. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011

3. OneEyedTanker

OneEyedTanker Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2018
    I’m not including legitimate shooters in that description sir. I’ve just seen some of the prices in GB that I know knowledgeable and experienced gun owners/shooters wouldn’t pay. They’ve all been tied to some sort of pop culture fad in some way. Now mind you, I like the John Wick movies a lot. They probably have the most realistic, yet entirely implausible gun fights I’ve ever seen on film. The weapons handling, reloads and bullet effects on target are amazing. But I still wouldn’t pay $8,000 for a COPY!!!! of one of the guns. Maybe a gun that was actually used in the movie? Maybe. But then my wife would feed it to me, suppository style and I’d never enjoy anything. Ever again.

ps my autocorrect changed the spelling of “gun” to “fun”. not entirely wrong, but irritating. hence the edit.

Eric

Rick McC., henryt and Roehl like this.
  4. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018

The people paying $8000+ for this gun aren’t using credit cards my friend. If they are it’s an Amex platinum card with a million dollar limit on it. They are on different levels than us.
    Heck I sold a vehicle to somebody today and when it came time for me to do an electronic credit app I asked him what his gross monthly was? He said $200. I asked him again ‘monthly’? He said ‘yeah about $200k that’s a quick guess?’ You make that monthly what’s $8k for a gun no matter the make?

%100 they will pay. I’ve dealt with Tom/Keystone Arms a couple times and conversed with him a lot his emails. Quite rare when somebody doesn’t pay on one of his auctions. His presentation and pics bring 3-4 times more than similar auctions from other sellers and he does get the cream of the crop. Him and Lumberjack are both active on the Colt forum and get some stellar pieces.

5. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I'd rather have Chuck put golfballs all over one of my 1911s for that money.

6. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Oh I agree completely. I can’t get into the mind of someone who will pay that much for a Taran Glock 34. Baffles me and I didn’t take any offense. It’s still in production. I kinda get the STI Combat Master because no more will ever be made. I have 5 of the John Wick guns so you can say I am a fan but I would pay over retail for any of them. They are all fun to shoot with the MPX being the most fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Definitely a lot more people than you think out there with more money than they know what to do with! I think I make great money but I don’t make that for a year! I’ll spend 3-5k for a 1911 but that’s insane for a Glk, I would buy a Barrett 50bmg when we start getting to those prices!

8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Well the winning bidder actually has a feedback rating so they’ve completed a few purchases on GB?

7.62Kolectr likes this.
  9. 69mach

69mach Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Looks like lipstick on a pig

10. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    People paying big money to try to look like some jackass on TV

Cheeks1989 likes this.
  11. cheller73

cheller73 Member

Mar 22, 2018
  12. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    cheller73 and OldCuz like this.
  13. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Ole PT Barnum summed it nicely; “there’s a sucker born every minute”.

OneEyedTanker and switchback like this.
  14. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
  15. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    : )
    It’s been in the loop long enough it doesn’t matter.
    But- nice to know “the Rest of the Story”.
    (Did Paul Harvey REALLY say that??)

;););)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    RSCamaro and Roehl like this.
  16. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    This reminded me that I sold a coworker a G34 a couple years back for $475. A few months ago I came across the check. I never deposited it. I let him know and he was a bit tight at the time so he wanted me to wait a bit for a new one. I never asked again. So, I gave my friend a gun. Merry Christmas buddy!

17. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    157 bids, it was obviously highly contested.

18. David Sharp

David Sharp New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    A fool and his money....

19. Phil Sprague

Phil Sprague Active Member

Sep 27, 2016
    It sold for $8800.00+ that is just pure stupidity !!!

wrmiller likes this.
  20. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I wonder if the winning bidder will pay. Been looking at this sellers listings and a lot of them get relisted. For example, there is a HK Mark 23 with the Maritime finish that sold for 2700 and is now relisted and is not bid up to 1825. Going through their listing history, this isn’t the only time. Will be interested to see if it gets relisted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneEyedTanker likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted