Ed Brown Anyone have experience with an Ed Brown Alpha Elite?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by B81, Oct 24, 2018.

1. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    My LGS has a new Ed Brown Alpha Elite sitting in their cabinate for $2600. Some online sellers have it for as low as $2300. The price point makes it competitive with Les Baer, and not far from a Dan Wesson with the Black Duty finish.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Am I correct to assume that the Alpha Elite is built to the same standards as other Ed Browns, and that the lower price point is because it has fewer features than more expensive models? Would you buy this over a Dan Wesson Valor?

Alpha Elite on the Ed Brown website: https://www.edbrown.com/alpha-elite/

2. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    2600 is way to much for one of these IMO. They are essentially A Gen 1 special forces which sell around 1800-2k used.
    I do not like the scalloping on the alpha or a older SF and would much prefer Checkering.

boatdoc and Journeyman1234 like this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Honestly, if you buy any gun like that order it the way you like or find one that someone else did. Things like a non-recessed slide-release on a $2,500 drive me wildly mad

simonp and BR549er like this.
  4. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    You can get better at that price point. I have a SFC II nothing wrong with the gun, it is pretty well made, but nothing really special about it either. I have DWs, Les Baers, and they are equally as good if not better. Don't get me wrong for the right price point absolutely nothing wrong with and Ed Brown. But at that price point you can do better. YOu should be able to pick up a slightly used Valor in DUty Treat for around $1250.. mater of fact I think there might be one on here. If not I know there was just not long ago, and I know for a fact there is a Vbob in Duty treat on here for $1250

boatdoc likes this.
  5. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    I am glad that I am not the only one who goes mad over that !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Steve Owens likes this.
  6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    great gun. essentially a EB SF with different checkering I believethat is full [email protected] lgs. better deal is the one for $2300

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted