close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have one of these?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by bac1023, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Cool pistols from the mid 80's. :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Nice Bac. Do you have enough mags for it?

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    That sure is a funky looking pistol... Ron

4. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, I only have two mags.

5. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I heard mags were hard to come buy. A great addition to your collection though!

6. Isom93

Isom93 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I've always wanted to get around to shooting one of those, they have a definite coolness about them IMO, but truth be told I haven't actually seen one in the flesh in years. Does it feel as large in the hands as it looks?

7. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011

Its about the same size and weight as a full size 1911.

Obviously, the grip is thicker being double stack.

8. Isom93

Isom93 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Maybe someday somebody will actually get the Bren revival done right. Bren Ten was always a neat piece that deserved better IMO.

9. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011

Yeah, Vltor's reproduction is basically still-born.

10. matthew03

matthew03 Member

Sep 24, 2011
    All you need is a white suit jacket, a Jackass shoulder rig and a flock of seagulls haircut and you would be the coolest thing going... from the '80's. LOL!
    Nice Bren.

11. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011
    :animlol:

Thanks!

12. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Sonny Crocket?? :lol:

13. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Have one? I have never even seen one. Except in pictures of course...

14. emptymag

emptymag New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    I have owned two, both 10mm Standard Models, both purchased used.
    My first one, I had heavily gunsmith'd to work about 95-99% reliably with the mag that came with it (with tame Federal "FBI" Hydrashoks). Bought two extra mags, $125 EACH, but they were only about 90% reliable, so they were always just 'back-ups'. Since these later 'factory' mags were the only "extras" available, their cost and rarity didn't allow for much "experimentation".
    I carried this Bren, in a Galco shoulder rig for a S&W 4506, pretty much 24/7 for about a year. Back in '90-'92, this Bren out-shot the few .45s and couple 9mms I had experience with... up 'til then, anyway.
    Sold it, mostly for the money, partially because of the ammo issue, and went back to Sigs and 1911s.

My second one came several years later, but displayed the exact same issues that my first one started out with, yes, even with a separately purchased $150 extra mag. Had no intentions of carrying it, so I was just happy to have ONE (the Voit Peregrine Falcon venture had tanked years earlier). However, I couldn't justify having a $1500 gun (at the time) for novelty/collection purposes, so I sold it for the money.

Being based on the CZ platform... the Bren Tens were very accurate, ergonomically EXCELLENT, and had unbelievably sweet SA triggers for a DA pistol.

15. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I had.....wish I had back.....a Bren Ten Marksman Special Match, I even recall the serial # was MSM176. The Marksman Special match was a run of 250 pistols that were chambered in .45 acp instead of 10mm. I had the box, owners manual, pistol and 3, count them 3, working mags. I even sent the owners manual to Gunsite and a secretary there got Col Cooper to sign it for me. The .45 acp version ran like a champ. I probably ran about 500 rounds though it while I owned it. I have to dig around in my holster bin but I think I still have a Galco "Avenger" style holster that I used with it. It was generically marked "LG Frame Auto." Again, wish i had never parted with it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted