1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JMB fan
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys-

Anyone out there from Maine?? Western Maine here, great place to live and shoot 1911's. Anyone else in this area??

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,881 Posts
I'm down east near Machias. Came here 20 years ago, best move I ever made.

·
JMB fan
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm down east near Machias. Came here 20 years ago, best move I ever made.
I am in the the Oxford Hills, in the foothills of the White Mountains, which I love. But, I can be at the coast in an hour, which is great too. Wish we had more 1911ers around here!

·
6,881 Posts
There are lots of 1911 owners around, but not so many 1911Addicts forum members. However, what we lack in numbers we make up in enthusiasm!:roflmaro::hilarious::laugh:

·
Registered
1911s for GOD and Country
1,444 Posts
Anyone familiar with the lewiston area? The wife and I are looking at a farm outside the city. Hows the hunting?

·
6,881 Posts
I don't get over that way but I have a doctor friend that lives around there and his wife and kids like it. I know there's a good sized Somali presence there thanks to refugees being settled in the area in the early 2000s. I understand there's also a fair amount of crime in the area but that's by Maine standards so it may not be an issue for you.

What kind of property are you looking at? Is it a working farm now? Are you guys planning to do some kind of farming or just looking for an established property with some buildings and infrastructure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts