1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I talked to Chuck Rogers today about getting my EMP golf balled. Because of the smaller frame and the changes required to perform the work Chuck would like to have 2 or 3 other EMP's go in at the same time. I'm looking at setting this up around January. Anybody else interested?

·
Banned
450 Posts
i wondered along these lines if a group of us could get some small parts golfballed, like spring plug, MSH, mag release...just a passing thought.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was all about doing this last year, but while i love my EMP it is one of those guns that i would "NEVER" sell and i knew i would never be able to get the $ back out of it.

·
What No Delete Button?
348 Posts
Are you talking about frt/msh treatments? Or commonly called "scallops or chainlink" Mine already has checkering from SA machine checkered, it's ok, but my favorites on my 1911's is snakeskin and chainlink. Is polizei1's golf balled?? To tell the truth, I would have preferred these treatments before the checkering. Any pictures. And 230gr mentions golfballing the smaller parts like the mag disconnect, spring plug, msh, etc...These parts too?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you talking about frt/msh treatments? Or commonly called "scallops or chainlink" Mine already has checkering from SA machine checkered, it's ok, but my favorites on my 1911's is snakeskin and chainlink. Is polizei1's golf balled?? To tell the truth, I would have preferred these treatments before the checkering. Any pictures. And 230gr mentions golfballing the smaller parts like the mag disconnect, spring plug, msh, etc...These parts too?
http://rogersprecision.com/

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
Golfballing is Chuck's signature treatment, it's different from anything else on the market. My EMP is scalloped. I haven't had the opportunity to feel the golfball, but a lot of people seem to love it. At the time, Chuck wasn't setup to do EMP's so I never considered it.

Look around here:

http://www.rogersprecision.com

Most, if not all of the pistols Chuck does are golfballed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
PM sent and received back! Def interested. I'm assuming we could send a Full Size frame at same time as well if all works out? :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are only looking for EMP's right now. They have a smaller frame which requires Chuck to change the procedures that he normally uses for full size frames. However you can call him and see when he can squeeze in your full size.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts