1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Staccato C2 limited edition is the latest one.
384 Posts
Question for you fellas,

Is the XC truly a 5 inch barrel or is it 4.4 with a .6 comp?
It actually is a 5" barrel if you consider the barrel and comp are one solid piece. But to more accurately answer your question when I asked Staccato that question there response was the rifled portion is 4.25". My next question was you went 4.4" on the P so you could have full government length slide travel does the XC still have the same travel and they said it did. Not sure I believe that but that was the answer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually is a 5" barrel if you consider the barrel and comp are one solid piece. But to more accurately answer your question when I asked Staccato that question there response was the rifled portion is 4.25". My next question was you went 4.4" on the P so you could have full government length slide travel does the XC still have the same travel and they said it did. Not sure I believe that but that was the answer.
Ahh so it isnt even a 4.4 but a 4.25... I see sleepy joe took the measurements...
I consider a barrel a hollow cylindrical object that once an aperture has been reached, the barrel terminates. They really need to fix that, its very car dealership-ish.
Welp, so much for the XC.

·
Registered
Staccato C2 limited edition is the latest one.
384 Posts
Ahh so it isnt even a 4.4 but a 4.25... I see sleepy joe took the measurements...
I consider a barrel a hollow cylindrical object that once an aperture has been reached, the barrel terminates. They really need to fix that, its very car dealership-ish.
Remember how the ATF determines barrel length for NFA or non NFA compliance. If a flash hider or muzzle brake is threaded on it is not part of the barrel. If it is one piece (XC) or pinned and welded it is included in the barrel length. So they are correct, it is a 5" barrel.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It isn't incorrect or "car dealership-ish at all. The barrel is 5", the overall length is the same as a 5" gun, the rifled portion of that barrel is 4.25, which if you understand comps is pretty obvious. Unfortunately with your barrel definition, the "aperture" may or may not be the determining point in barrel length when it comes to comped or ported guns. If velocity is what you are chasing, skip right over the comps and ports and go with the XL, or better yet a Tanfoglio 10mm Hunter

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It isn't incorrect or "car dealership-ish at all. The barrel is 5", the overall length is the same as a 5" gun, the rifled portion of that barrel is 4.25, which if you understand comps is pretty obvious. Unfortunately with your barrel definition, the "aperture" may or may not be the determining point in barrel length when it comes to comped or ported guns. If velocity is what you are chasing, skip right over the comps and ports and go with the XL, or better yet a Tanfoglio 10mm Hunter
I love the tang 10mm, sexy beast.

·
born in the wrong century
8,959 Posts
Bought my P DPO from Jess at Wichita Gun Club.

Rock solid guy.

Highly recommend him.

Reactions: AJP
1 - 15 of 15 Posts