1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See ads here and there for a Tanfoglio in varied series...anyone have one? Worth the money? Dependable?

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,727 Posts
I've had two of them, one worked great and the other was total junk and received absolute zero support from both dealer and warranty center. Now I stick to CZ guns when I want that flavor.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I've had two of them, one worked great and the other was total junk and received absolute zero support from both dealer and warranty center. Now I stick to CZ guns when I want that flavor.
Best wishes.
^^ this. we had one . the slide stop kept coming out during fire. sent it back 3 times . no thanks. I will stick with CZ

·
Registered
631 Posts
Owning a Tanfo is sorta like owning an old Alfa Romeo. Ya gotta be committed and willing to spend money. My used $500 Tanfoglio.38 Super is a fabulous shooter but it’s been apart on the bench numerous times and sports probably $600 worth of aftermarket trigger parts. Truly, the CZ is a better bet for most people.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I have a Witness compact. It has the SS wonder finish, great looking gun. Flawless thru 1500 or so. My only problem was when I first shot it, it shot consistently low. EAA had me send it in and they put an adjustable rear sight on it at no charge and had a week or so turnaround. I like the gun a lot very accurate, nice OOTB trigger.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have an early 9mm Witness match that has a decent trigger and is surprisingly accurate. Just a bit over 1000 rounds without a hitch. Anecdotally, a couple of folks at the range with similar vintage Witnesses seemed to have functional or accuracy issues. Mine shoots ALMOST on par with my CZ at a quarter of the price. YMMV. Agree about the customer service and support. Tried to order additional mags without success.

·
Registered
27,994 Posts
I have a CZ P-O7 which I love and is my only concession to DA/SA. It has great ergonomics, accuracy and has been totally reliable. I wanted a .45 and being Tanfoglio is supposed to be a good gun with ergonomics similar to the CZ, I bought a Witness polymer carry on the internet without actually seeing one beforehand. I assumed the front sight was interchangeable like the CZ but it's not. It's part of the slide. The DA is ok but in SA, the trigger is way too light for for me as a carry gun. The fit and finish was not as good as the CZ. Disappointed overall

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a stainless Tanfoglio Witness in .45 and used to have a blued one. No problems with either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’ve enjoyed shooting a couple of them in .38 Super and 10mm, but Tanfoglio’s reputation for spotty QC and EAA’s widespread reputation for abysmal customer service (just Google the name Paul Richter along with EAA/Tanfoglio and read the horror stories) have kept me from ever buying one.

Edit: My comment on the CS appears to be out of date. Thanks for the info, @Jim w. If the CS is now solid, I may finally roll the dice on a Tanfoglio in .38 Super at some point.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've had this for a bit and it was a little sloppy. I sent it to Henning and after new internal ($600) and other minor/parts upgrade, it's and excellent shooter. I love it.
Tanfolio.jpg
Tanfolio2.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts