Anyone Own or Carry a BRITE Stainless 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by Nalajr, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all,

I've been seeing some Colt's of late with the polished flats and some with the full polish finish. I used to not care much about it, but I have to admit that it's kinda growing on me. One especially nice one I saw pics of was a Commander that had the full polish treatment and it had MOP grips with a TEXAS state silver star in them. Boy it was a looker. I thought I'd like to have one of those myself. You don't see many of them though, especially in gun cases.

What do you all think of them? Would you own one with a polished stainless finish like that? Why not, if you wouldn't?
    Do those brite finishes come in hard chrome or are they all polished stainless?

If anyone has one or a few 1911's that has the polished finished on it whether it be the entire pistol or just the slide flats, I'd like to see some pics. Please post them if you don't mind and it's not too much trouble.

Seeing these beauties just might inspire me to take some Flitz to my stainless Colt XSE Commander and see how it comes out. I can always have it bead blasted later or take a Scotch pad to it if I don't like it.

Lets see those brite polished beauties ladies and gents.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing what pops up here. Crossing my fingers.

Larry

leadfarmer likes this.
  2. KS95B40

KS95B40 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2017
    upload_2019-2-28_8-10-10.jpeg My Stainless series 80 Government has polished flats on frame and slide plus sides of hammer, slide lock and thumb safety are also polished. I am at least third owner (I’ve owned it since since 2005) so no idea if it is original or not.

I like the way it looks.

3. 10mm Guy

10mm Guy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2018
    "A lot of 1911s come with idiosyncrasies, this one is no exception..."

LMAO - classic!

TexasPatriot59 likes this.
  4. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Wilson Combat, 5" Protector model ( 13 yrs old, and around 275,000 rds thru it now )...9mm, all stainless with polished flats. It was blasted & repolished by Wilson about 18 months ago.../ its been my primary carry gun for last 3 yrs & my range gun & buddy shoot competition gun....its been a great gun - and I like the finish.

20180410_105454.jpg

I carry it in a Kramer leather horsehide holster, IWB ...that's very easy on the finish.
    20180525_094443.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  5. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    TALO or perhaps Colts Custom Shop had a run of bright polished Government models. Years ago I was extremely attracted to one in 38 Super. A deal could not be struck with the LGS owner In hind sight I’m greatful I didn’t purchase it. They need to be handled with white gloves, and are very susceptible to fine scratches. These are “Safe Queen” material only. Pretty - but not very practical! I’ve settled into a more functional / traditional style. JMHO.

WHEELS likes this.
  6. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    When he came out with that "bling" and the coat before shooting the polished COLT....I about fell out of the chair. That was funny.
    Is he the guy that had the video where he analyzed the FBI shootout in Miami where some of them were killed and it prompted many changes in the FBI and became a teaching tool all over the world? If so, that was one of the best, most informative videos on the subject I have ever seen.

Great looking pistols guys. Thanks for posting them.

Larry

7. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    BBQ/Court gun

upload_2019-3-2_10-59-41.jpeg

TexasPatriot59, cgff and KS95B40 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted