1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks...i have a hankering for a polymer .45 for concealed carry...10 rounds in a small package comparable to a G19 size. So far the only options i see:

1) Glock 30/30s
2) Sig P320 compact
3) S&W M&P 2.0 compact
4) STI VIP .45acp

these all seem to be the same size (or close) to a G19

i like the STI VIP, as it’s a 2011/1911 style and i run/work on STI’s in USPSA...i also like Glocks because i carry one for work and competed/worked on them in USPSA...

but i also like Sig’s & S&W’s ergonomics...

so...anyone run/carry any of these? Thoughts?

Reactions: Lou1

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Shield 2,0 in 45. It’s the balls. 4
Ounces lighter than my Officers ACP.

Feeds and shoots anything.
I bought the one with built in green laser.
Love it.

David
This is a Single stack though, right? I figure if I’m relegated to a single stack, i’d stick with a CCO with extended 8 rd mag...hoping with a polymer i can carry 10+1...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Having shot or owned all of those options at one point or another I say S&W M&P for most. Trigger is acceptable as is, the grip texture is awesome, and they are mechanically accurate guns.

But if you’re shooting Glocks a lot get the G30 gen 4. It’ll keep some consistency with the grip angle/presentation you’re used to.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Another vote for the 45 Shield or maybe two votes. I carry it in pocket holster with spare mag

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was a child, I was handed a single shot. I learned to make shots count.

View attachment 410005

I loaded some 230 grain to get 5" Ballistics from the 3.3" gun. As velocity increased, the gun was harder to shoot. I settled on 860 fps with an XTP 230 grain.

David
Looks like you have those loads above dialed in!

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another vote for the 45 Shield or maybe two votes

Whit...and Dave...with the extended mags seated, how tall os the pistol (top of rear sight to bottom of mag)? Close to 5”? 5” seems to be the perfect CCW height...

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not go a little bigger and get an FN FNX45? It holds 15+1...
Lol...keeping it to 10rds...i’m in CT and even though i’m LE, when carrying in surrounding states (NY, NJ, MA, etc) off-duty i’m bound to their respective mag limits....i can carry in any State, but have to abide by State laws for mags...sucks...but it is what it is...hence the 10rd limit...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Whit...and Dave...with the extended mags seated, how tall os the pistol (top of rear sight to bottom of mag)? Close to 5”? 5” seems to be the perfect CCW height...
5 1/8 with ex mag and 4 3/4 flat base, have ameriglo sights

·
Banned
824 Posts
Lol...keeping it to 10rds...i’m in CT and even though i’m LE, when carrying in surrounding states off-duty i’m bound to their respective mag limits....i can carry in any State, but have to abide by State laws for mags...sucks...but it is what it is...hence the 10rd limit...
Ah, that sucks. I find the 10rd limit just makes it easier to justify 45s (and 1911s). If you can only have 10 rounds, might as well have 10 bigger bullets rather than 10 small ones.

·
Registered
381 Posts
David R is from NY. I carry the smaller mag in an IWB. Sometime OWB with a long shirt. I feel real comfortable.

The grip is perfect for me. Wife says it’s too rough.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glock 30S, thin slide. Short mag is 9+1 or the little longer mag is 10+1. Reload is 13. Goes bang everytime.
Thats what i’ve been leaning towards...i carried and concealed a G19 for years (and carry a G17 on duty) and thinking the thicker G30/30s shouldn’t be much of an issue carrying IWB or OWB (at least until the annual holiday weight bump!)...

but i’ve read the Sig p320 is a bit slimmer than the Glock and the M&P 2.0 is a bit better to conceal than the Glock...hence my research and question...

Reactions: Glock2740

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
@David R , The grip on mine has mellowed out some, I've had this one from when they first came out. The second one came from a member here with some BEC work and its grip is still very sharp. Both are early pistols as they don't have the "2.0" on the slides like the newer ones.

Reactions: Scaramouche

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Anyone make a full size or Commander Plastic 1911 frame?
That would be very light in plastic vers. alluminum

1 - 20 of 57 Posts