close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone seen/heard of these new ugly, overpriced 1911's made by Cabot?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Glock2740, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Found these on TOS. Our own DAT85 has been invited to tour their factory. I want to hear how that goes. At the prices they are wanting, I really don't care how good they might shoot or how reliable they might be. They are absolutely horriffic looking IMO. I browsed their website and didn't find any kind of accuracy garantee.

2. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Just saw it on TOS, those things are hideous......really hideous. Giving that goldplated Taurus a run for it's money.

3. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    That is brutal, and not just the price tag:der:

4. Nick

Nick Member

Aug 22, 2011
  5. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    The slide cocking serration and checkered combo on the Jones is beyond hideous.

6. deadguy

deadguy Jim Nabors Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Can anyone tell me why it is called the Jones? I sure as hell ain't Jones'ing for one

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Like the doda man... noR

8. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    The Jones 1911 is dedicated to the enduring memory of Carl Jones, the maverick entrepreneur, innovator and master craftsman who founded Penn United Technologies.
    http://www.pennunited.com/

9. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I am willing to bet that would be more of an insult than a compliment to him! lol

10. deadguy

deadguy Jim Nabors Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    :frusty:

11. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    I don't see anything remotely interesting about them. Plastic and Rubber grips on a 4k plus pistol? Yeah, ok...

12. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I like to think I am open minded when it comes to guns, but I was shocked when I saw their asking prices. :eek:

13. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    How are they able to justify that price??

14. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Exactly. They're not even hardchromed. :grin: Glad to see you made it over here Chris. :welcometo:

15. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Hey Joe hope you are well.

Yeah if they were Metaloyed they'd be worth it. He, he!!

I see that moderator banner. Go easy on me if I get out of line.:lol:

16. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Why am I not shocked Metaloy knows Joe...

17. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I posted about them a long while back on GT.

Looks like Brian Zinns is pumping them, seeing that his only 2 posts on 1911F was pimping them.

18. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Joe is the official poster boy for Metaloy. I may even make real posters!!

19. Isom93

Isom93 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The CGI and GI Classic models actually look pretty good. But, even if the quality, craftsmanship, and materials on these pistols does genuinely surpass anything anybody else is doing the marketing doesn't. To borrow a phrase the two 'high end' pistols in their lineup look like something a pimp in a Louisiana whore house would carry and the marketing is a combination of bad and weird. The guy doing the narrating in the video sounds like the friggin' crypt keeper and the approach seems more Harley Davidson gritty than Seville Row snooty. At this price point Harley Davidson gritty ain't gonna cut it. I think these guys want to be the Korth of the 1911 world, only with better volume. And as we really don't seem to have a 'Korth Level' 1911 manufacturer out there at the moment I think that there is room, but unfortunately for these guys marketing really is everything, and there apparently ain't a guy in the building who understands how to market a pistol on the level of a Korth.

With all due respect, somebody needs to tell these guys to stick to the tooling market.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted