1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1911 Addicts friends: For several years I have been wearing Beltman 1.5" belts. They are good belts. However, apparently my oversize waist has expanded to the point my 45" belt is too small, so it is time to buy a bigger belt. I am considering one of the ratchet type buckles. Anyone using one of these?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts

·
1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART
23,632 Posts
I'm going thru weight reduction and I bought one.
Kore I think it was.
It's okay for light duty carry but I don't like it for a full size 1911.
Bigfoot belts are the best I've found. They are not ratchet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love a good ratchet belt, there is no beating the versatility. Just make sure you buy a heavy duty belt designed for concealed carry.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I tried NEXT and KORE; I bought a KORE gunbelt. The NEXT felt too flimsy for me. The KORE is much stiffer. That said, I use it for aluminum/steel frame Commander size and down carried IWB. I don't consider it suitable for OWB with even that frame size, much less full-size 1911/SIG/Beretta, etc guns. I do trust it completely OWB with my Glock in a Tucker HF-1 or similar holsters. I have used it successfully with a Brown LW Kobra Carry OWB in Kramer pancakes and scabbard.

This after years of wearing Beltman, Montanna Belts, Sparks, etc., gunbelts for work and leisure. I knew how they fit, how they carried weight loads, etc. The KORE is absolutely great with all the small steel frames and any polymer in any position of carry.

The only other issue with KORE has been that some kydex clip/j-hook style attachment points need to be put on, then checked and checked again to confirm they caught on the belt's bottom. Garrett industries stuff catches 100 percent, thick hooks tend to need to be firmly seated to start the day.

I'm very pleased now with my KORE, enough to want a brown to go with the black.
Get their 'gunbelt' models.

If you have a specific question, let me know.

·
1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART
23,632 Posts
I tried NEXT and KORE; I bought a KORE gunbelt. The NEXT felt too flimsy for me. The KORE is much stiffer. That said, I use it for aluminum/steel frame Commander size and down carried IWB. I don't consider it suitable for OWB with even that frame size, much less full-size 1911/SIG/Beretta, etc guns. I do trust it completely OWB with my Glock in a Tucker HF-1 or similar holsters. I have used it successfully with a Brown LW Kobra Carry OWB in Kramer pancakes and scabbard.

This after years of wearing Beltman, Montanna Belts, Sparks, etc., gunbelts for work and leisure. I knew how they fit, how they carried weight loads, etc. The KORE is absolutely great with all the small steel frames and any polymer in any position of carry.

The only other issue with KORE has been that some kydex clip/j-hook style attachment points need to be put on, then checked and checked again to confirm they caught on the belt's bottom. Garrett industries stuff catches 100 percent, thick hooks tend to need to be firmly seated to start the day.

I'm very pleased now with my KORE, enough to want a brown to go with the black.
Get their 'gunbelt' models.

If you have a specific question, let me know.
Yep I got my Kore because a police officer friend recommended it.
I wear it more than any other belt and have discovered exactly what you have said to be true for me as well.
As long as I'm not carrying my full size 1911 it's GTG

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to say I need a very stiff belt for carrying OWB with a very high ride holster( Milt Sparks Roadrunner). DukeSoprano, how stiff are the Bladetech belts?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I forgot to say I need a very stiff belt for carrying OWB with a very high ride holster( Milt Sparks Roadrunner). DukeSoprano, how stiff are the Bladetech belts?
I can carry a full size 1911 no problem

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I have Boxer Tactical and the KORE adjustable belts. I’ve been very happy with the KORE, it is very stiff and supports my OWB holsters securely.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I have heavy duty suspenders, but always wear my shirt tails out to cover my side arm. Suspenders do not work very well this way.
I wear Perry suspenders with a heavy gun. They hook to your belt and not your pants, so it's like a load bearing system. Normally they are over a tucked in t-shirt and under an open cover garment so they don't show at all.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,087 Posts
Boxer Tactical Apogee (one brown and one black). Love em and I've IWB carried everything from a HK45 to a Glock 19 and all guns between and even AIWB'd a full size 2011 with rail and X300. They are flexible in the right way and rigid in the right way. Plus, if I run out of ammo, I can beat the bad guy to death with the buckle.
Only downside is the buckle is rather large and I've had it print even though the pistol wasn't.
Sadly, I don't believe they are around any more. So, essentially I just got your hopes up for no reason.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a couple of Kore essentials belts. I dont use them at all. They are way too flimsy for owb for me. Yes I got the gun belt. I also have found out I dont like plastic reinforced belts, it wears out too fast. Lastly I hated the belt buckle. I found the back of the buckle to be too uncomfortable since I had to sinch it down super tight to hold my gun up. I use steel reinforced bigfoot belts right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use a Kore fashion belt daily and it's sturdy enough for my p238 IWB. Although I probably wouldn't go any heavier of a gun without a proper gun belt.

Having used a ratcheting belt I'll never go back.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well....... What did you buy???????
I'm starting with the Kore leather gun belt. If that is not stiff enough, I will buy a web belt. Kore told me the web belt is about twice as stiff as the leather. I was surprised they were working yesterday as it was a holiday, but a very nice lady was there and answered all my questions and took my order.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts