1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired my Sig P365XL and I’m looking for a nice holster for it. I don’t like kydex for my 1911s but I’m thinking of trying a Crossbreed super tuck for my little 365, I want something I can actually tuck my shirt in and hide fairly well and I like the leather back.

So does anyone use them or has tried them and what are your thoughts? I would also like to hear other suggestions for tuckable holsters if you know of any.

·
The Tinker
4,250 Posts
I've not heard of a Crossbreed holster. Is it similar to a cross draw?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I had an Aliengear which is the same concept for my commander but did not like it. However for a smaller gun such as the 365 it might work out better.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an Aliengear which is the same concept for my commander but did not like it. However for a smaller gun such as the 365 it might work out better.
My son uses Aliengear for his G19 and he loves it. New shells anytime you change guns is a plus with them. But I’m not a fan of his backer it’s more of a vinyl/leather type material. Where crossbreed has leather in a few grades and horse hide as an upgrade.

Just trying to get some opinions and checking to see if I’m going to be the guinea pig.

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,654 Posts
I have crossbreed supertucks for almost every gun I own, except the revolvers. I love them. They are the most comfortable holsters I've owned. I really like the open bottom which lets you use any length barrel and any debris falls right out. They are also running a 20% off of everything sale right now.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
But I’m not a fan of his backer it’s more of a vinyl/leather type material. Where crossbreed has leather in a few grades and horse hide as an upgrade
Sorry forgot to mention mine was an early model with all leather backer. My problem was as a skinny guy the shell was too wide which would not allow the holster to conform to my body. I did modify it by trimming it down and drilling new holes. It helped but I figured I could find better. Crossbreed has a better rep and with a smaller gun is probably a sound choice.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I've got a SuperTuck for my Shield, if I'm gonna carry for a long period of time I'll carry it in this as it is super comfortable, if I'm grabbing and go I'll usually just use a concealment express because it's a bit easier on and off. Also have one of their OWB for a Beretta 92A1 and it works. I can grab some pics if your interested, had the SuperTuck a few years and it's wearing fine with no issues.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use Aliengear for every gun I carry that isn't a 1911. All the ones I have are standard leather back. Tried the vinyl hybrid back once and hated it. I've got one for the P365 that is nearly brand new. Probably carried it twice and traded the gun off as it wasn't for me. You want it, it's your's. Just shell swap it for the XL. I've got so many for guns I no longer own I'll never even notice its gone.
Wood Plane Hardwood Smoothing plane Shoulder plane
Brown String instrument Wood Musical instrument String instrument

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
one of the most comfortable holsters I own....I have one for my Glocks and 1911's.....the top 3 I love:

1) cross breed supertuck
2) TT Gunleather Mikes Slim XC
3) Vetter Light tuck & JM Custom Kydex (tied, LOL).

Reactions: 45caldude

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
I have a Crossbreed holster for my Remington R51 and love it. Very comfortable and priced right.

Reactions: 45caldude

·
I do not consent.
1,428 Posts
Pistol Annie and I have both used Crossbreed holsters. She likes them, I do not. HOWEVER, neither of us carries IWB much so take the following however you want.

Annie has Crossbreeds for her Sig P238 and P938, Walther PPQ and PPS, and GLOCK 19 - all OWB. She really likes the large leather backing. She has had a couple of issues with the kydex cracking close to the rivets. I do not think this is common and would not worry about it. Crossbreed has warrantied the broken items.

A slightly bigger issue is that, over time, the overall retention of the holster loosens quite a bit, especially if you sweat a lot, and there is no adjustment. But I think this is mostly an OWB concern.

I have Crossbreeds for my Springfield EMPs, both 3” and 4”, and both IWB and OWB. I also have some of their Ohai modular holsters, which I really do think are the shiznit for bedside/car seat/random off-body accessibility.

For IWB I just find there is too much leather against my skin, I get too sweaty with it, and I don’t like it. To be fair, I can’t remember if what I have is called a SuperTuck, so maybe what you’re looking at is smaller.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
NRA Life Member
4,144 Posts
I've got a couple. Work well. My only complaint is that they can get squeaky. I LOVE the clips on them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have one with horsehide that I wear almost daily. I have lots of expensive leather, but I always go back to my crossbreed because it’s so comfortable. I do not, however, ever tuck in my shirt. So I can’t help with how that works.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Ok so here's one pics of my Crossed stuff and I'll second that retention does get a bit looser but I rarely do handstands with my gun on so YMMV
There's a shot of concealment express just for size comparison.

I'm in Texas so yep, I sweat and the leather breaks in nicely, the Beretta set up hasn't seen much use and you can tell bought it for Range use and don't CCW my 92A1.

Gun Black Grey Trigger Gun accessory
Brown White Tan Khaki Grey
Grey Composite material Carbon Handgun holster
Textile Style Bag Fashion Pocket
Textile Denim Pocket Leather Natural material
Handgun holster Air gun Tool Monkey wrench Gun accessory
Metal Steel Buckle Tool

1 - 20 of 49 Posts