Apology to greg3458...ref Nighthawk Hipower

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sniper 217, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Sniper 217

Sniper 217 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I wanted to let the group know that I had posted on Greg’s Hipower ad that I would take it. This was done at a close friend’s request. We had literally just left the NRA show where he spoke with Nighthawk about redoing a Hipower for him. A few hours later while driving home I saw Greg’s ad. My friend quickly told me he wanted it. I then told Greg that I would take it. Through PM’s I let Greg know that it was my friend that was actually buying it now me. Greg gave me his mailing address for the payment and I sent him the FFL copy.

This afternoon I confirmed with my friend that he had the mailing address and would be sending payment tomorrow. A few hours later my friend called me to tell me he basically had buyers remorse. I told my friend that he put me in a really bad spot being that I’m in the middle of this now mess.

I wanted to apologize to Greg. I will not be acting in another’s behalf going forward.

If this action of my friend puts you in a bad place Greg I will go ahead and buy the gun myself and try to resell it.

I just wanted the forum to know what went down after the whole locking of Greg's original ad turned into the “why is my thread locked” thread...

2. Sniper 217

Sniper 217 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    If one of the mods could unlock the original classified ad for Greg I’d appreciate it.

3. Greg3458

Greg3458 Active Member

Oct 31, 2018
    These things happen so no worries. The lesson for me is to only deal with a buyer first hand in the future. The gun will sell in time so not a big deal in the long run. Just need the ad opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otherside, gps man, Capthobo and 9 others like this.
  4. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    Because of gentlemen like these I would not hesitate for a second making a purchase from a member here.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Capthobo, TexasBB, DMiller and 6 others like this.
  5. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    ^^^^^^^
    I'm newer here but I have not read about any bad transactions. This forum has mostly all stand up guys and gals.

6. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    A true gentleman....
    I applaud you...

7. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Way to step up . Been in that position years ago , never again . Sniper and Greg both gentleman .

Capthobo, Sniper 217 and Glock2740 like this.
  8. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Here Here (clapping from the crowd) way to stand up and take the high road!!

Sniper 217 and Capthobo like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted