AR Lower Parts Kit

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Blayglock, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Please recommend a lower parts kit. I dont need a match grade trigger or anything.

Im trying to price building this AR lower. Also, I want a Magpul adjustable MOE stock I think.

2. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011

3. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    That looks real nice. I might just get into this lower for around $200!!

Edit: Looks like with shipping and transfer fees I'll br around $250. Not bad at all.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  4. thecableguy

Aug 16, 2011
    You going with the Spikes lower?

5. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    I think so yes. My FFL is already on file with AIM.

6. thecableguy

Aug 16, 2011
  7. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
  8. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
  9. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I helped a buddy use a RRA LPK before as well worked fine.

10. Joemannnnn

Joemannnnn Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I had been following your other thread but never had time to respond. I built a Spikes 16" middy just a few months ago, my first rifle, first build. It really wasn't bad and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I picked up a stripped lower from AIM for about $80 then $25 transfer fee at lgs. I bought my complete upper from lgs, it was about $460, but I also traded in a mossberg 500 I never used for about $225 off. I got the Palmetto MOE lower parts kit on sale for $50. It went together really well and I am really happy with the trigger. I also bot the MOE stock kit from Palmetto for about $80. Again, real happy with all that. I would say my final price was about $750. I added a Matech BUIS and also purchase a Vortex Sparc red dot for $175 on sale from Optics Planet. All that brings the total under $1,000 for what I think is a pretty nice rifle. As for the build itself, I did buy a wrench for the castle nut, other than that I scrapped up tools from my garage and the neighbors. The roll pins are the biggest pain, be especially careful with the trigger guard roll pin. Use a book or block of wood to support the frame before hammering. I actually saw on the AR15 forum a build where they used vice gripes to install the 2 roll pins. I did this and it worked great. I tapped up the vice grips real well so that I didn't scratch my frame. I got the pins started with a hammer then squeezed them in most of the way with the grips. I then just used a small punch to finish them off. The rest is a breeze, just follow build sheets and videos online. Good luck
    Joe

11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    AVOID DPMS like the plague!
    Bushmaster as well has slacked in the quality dept lately.

I would HIGHLY recommend Daniel Defense lower parts kits

12. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Don't know about lowers but the only AR that I have problems with is a DPMS. Cases get stuck after about 100-150 rds if I really cut loose with it. S&W is the one that got the bump stock as it won't jam so far no matter what is shot through it or how many rds.

13. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I remember my Bushy 20" gun. It was one of my least favorite ARs, but it did work. I have heard they are not as good as they used to be from multiple people. Shame, always loved the logo.

14. 191145acp

191145acp New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    I must have the only DPMS that's worth $0.02 in hell, my M-4 has run like a champ from day 1 & YES I've read the CHART many times over. This one eats everything put into it including russian steel case ammo and ask for more, 1100 rds without cleaning (last count) to boot. I guess mine was made on a Wednesday when everyone was sober and QA was up tp snuff. It rivals my AK if this says anything............

15. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    There are some good DPMS rifles and there are some bad DPMS rifles.

I've learned from experience, a few more bucks saves a crap load of trouble!
    I've had DPMS trigger pivot pin break, & I've seen a chipped DPMS hammer.
    These I have never before seen happen on any M16 or Ar15 I've shot since 1985!

If you have a good DPMS,.....great!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted