AR15 geissele or Timney competition?

Discussion in 'AR Forum' started by duketbrd88, Jun 7, 2020.

1. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, I meant to say, good luck Mr. Perfect. Sorry I left that out sir!

Bender likes this.
  2. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks Greg!

I think some of you have read this wrong. I have an ssa-e in a build I did years ago. I love it, my favorite and have had three others come and go as ar15's have past through my hands. I just wanted thoughts on something different like a single stage Timney trigger or larue. Then it turned into larue, well because I like two stage triggers. I bought a larue 2 stage flat trigger and it just came the other day. It feels great for the money, better than I thought it would and way better than a factory trigger, but the SSA-E is better. I have not had the laure to the range yet, but just sitting here dry firing it.

Thanks Greg for the offer, but the geiselle ssa-e is an awesome trigger and even better when you can find them on sale.

3. ~JM~

~JM~ Wrinkled Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Ordered, received & installed one of the Larue straight bow, 2-stage triggers. Have only bench tested, but according to my SWAG meter, the pull has been reduced to half of what it once was. More importantly, it is a clean pull. Previously I could feel a somewhat gritty pull that increased in pressure required, then became easy, then more pressure & finally released. Trying to install the hammer without a fixture to secure the lower was a bit of a 3-handed challenge, but I managed. I'm pleased so far.

gun_fan111 and duketbrd88 like this.
  4. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    JM...It's a great trigger for the money.

5. ~JM~

~JM~ Wrinkled Member

Jan 23, 2017
    If the more expensive models are proportionately better, I can't begin to imagine how nice they must be. Perhaps someday I will explore that option further.

duketbrd88 likes this.
  6. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    The more expensive ones are better for sure, but for someone on a budget these are awesome.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted