Are Knives Addictive ?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Sneaky One, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I think I may have another monkey on my back. I have carried a Wilson Combat/Hoque starlight drop point for several years now and it is an excellent knife imo. Everything was fine ! Then I suddenly got the urge to pick up another folder. I got a Benchmade griptillion. Love it, so I got a Benchmade Barrage. Love it. Now I ordered my first Spyderco. This doesn't seem so bad but I have bought the last three in IMG_3549[1].JPG IMG_3553[1].JPG IMG_3554[1].JPG IMG_3557[1].JPG IMG_3558[1].JPG IMG_3559[1].JPG the last month. I'm I getting a problem ? Gotta go, looking at a Micretech OTF for Christmas !

2. Coolsound

Coolsound Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Just wait until you get into custom knives :D

3. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Not for me, not to the same degree as 1911s, at least. (Thanks God!) I have some decent quality folders, and a few interesting fixed blades but I carry the same two all the time.

Sneaky One likes this.
  4. Stentor

Stentor NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 21, 2015
  5. Outerlimits

Outerlimits Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Sorry but their is no cure......except another knife. lol

6. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    "Are Knives Addictive"...
    :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

7. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    Short answer...absolutely!!!

Sneaky One likes this.
  8. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    I just bought a Zero Tolerance flipper for my brother in law for Christmas. I'm not sure I'm gonna give it to him! Yep, they're addictive.

9. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Though Benchmade isn't my favorite brand I do like a few of their knives. You should buy the AFO in the classifieds if it is still there.

Babboonbobo and Sneaky One like this.
  10. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    Can anyone fix those damn pictures ?

11. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    I was eyeing that pretty hard Raylan

12. JandLCustoms

JandLCustoms I have many leather bound books Supporting Addict

May 9, 2018
    YES! I have bought and sold countless knives over the years for no real good reason than something caught my eye. I have some that have stayed through the years but its much easier/cheaper to buy a knife than a gun so this addiction is constant. I actually have an Emerson Super CQC 8 BT waiting in my mailbox at home right now!

DunRanull and Sneaky One like this.
  13. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Addictive? Are knives addictive?!!! Are you freakin kidding me Of COURSE knives are addictive :cry:
    I can’t help myself and it’s worse than firearms for me right now!!
    I ran out of room in the safe for guns so I thought yeah I’ll pick me up a couple nice knives they’re cheaper and take up way less room!! Right!! Aghhhhhh:cry:

I hate you guys soooo much right now.
    Pena Rhino just arrived Monday or Tuesday I can’t remember the days blur together! You would think that would work and hold me over for a bit......Oh hell no! I had to buy the Adamas out of the classifieds and now that won’t be here until Monday according to tracking number. I don’t know if I’ll make it until then without another purchase! I’m looking at a Demko now!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

image.jpg

ImperialBlade, RN47, dgi and 4 others like this.
  14. retrieverman

May 16, 2013
    Unless you really like your BIL, you should keep it. I’m waiting on my second ZT to get here...

Sneaky One likes this.
  15. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    NO, not to me. It is a tool to gut stuff and if a $20 knife will do the job so be it. I just need a SHARP blade to remove things. I like kitchen knives more than anything for cutting up meat and intruders as the blades are usually longer, razor sharp and just fun to cut up "things".

FWoo45, retrieverman and Sneaky One like this.
  16. retrieverman

May 16, 2013
    I use my “hunting” knives in the kitchen...:thumbs:

DunRanull likes this.
  17. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Ya know firearms are just tools also;) and a High Point will work just fine:happy:

retrieverman and razorbacker like this.
  18. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Yeah... for a hammer. :p

19. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    LGS has lots of gun inventory to browse, sadly he has a nice knife inventory as well. Visited last weekend to check out guns and this little ZT jumped in my pocket. Guns, knives, tools and wheeled vehicles, all boy toys, pick your poison.:)
    zt knife.jpg

Sneaky One, FWoo45 and retrieverman like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted