Are you ready for Zombies/SHTF/etc..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thecableguy, Oct 21, 2011.

1. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    What would you do? How would you prepare for it? Would get together with family,friends or neighbors or every man, woman, and child for themselves?

Me I haven't really thought about it but thought it would be FUN to read others responses.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I'd gather up as many people as I can so I can use them as deterrents when the zombies are coming. LOL

3. thecableguy

Aug 16, 2011
    Never thought about that. Sounds like a good plan to me.:rofl2:

4. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    The greatest danger would not be the zombies but other people. It is like that in any emergency. That said, keep your groups small and your powder dry.

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    I'll trade you my 1911s for Glocks. :pound:

6. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
  7. thecableguy

Aug 16, 2011
  8. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    1st I have a plan for ZOMBIES as they are called. Have a meeting place in the mtns. of Ky. naturally. 5 of us and our families wiil go there. Depending on the number of family members we can get besides immediate should be about 50-70 people. We all have 6 months of food stored to hold us off. Game meat will be a large part of this. As we are all hunters that will be no problem. I have 3 sons that are not sissies thats for sure. All of our squaws know how to shoot guns and are the type you would want in an emergency situation. 4 are nurses. Ammo and guns are no problem if you have seen the pics. The farm we have to go to can be defended. Very few neighbors but can join us and probably would. They and ther families would swell the ranks but are old time farmers who can lots of food. 50 head of cattle added a plus. We will be away from most people and no GANGSTA types for a 100 miles. See no problem as there are 2 springs on the property and a 55,000 acre lake 1/2 mile away for water. Allways the limiting factor in a survival situation. More we have but will not devuldge all the details. Suffice it to say we will survive just fine until order is restored. Feel sorry for those who don't have a plan. I hope this country wakes up soon....ED

P.S. I hope and pray everday that I'm wrong . WE'll see.

9. thecableguy

Aug 16, 2011
    I figured out what I am doing.....heading to KY. :rofl2:

I hope you are wrong also limb.

10. MY-1911

MY-1911 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    bw210- Thanks for the site. Cool.

11. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Stayin at the funeral home. I'll probably know half of the ones around here since they already came through the shop once.

12. thecableguy

Aug 16, 2011
    LMAO!! That just means they will be coming for you first.

13. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    They will come back to me to be made beautiful and lifelike again. I'll be their plastic surgeon.

That's when I whack em and burn em.

14. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    I'm a step ahead because I'm already in Kentucky. Remembering that it takes a head shot to kill Zombies I'd be relying on AK's and AR's for the main weapons of defense. We'll move from our city home to the Mother in Laws farm which is stainable without much from the outside. It's easy to defend and is fairly isolated. Good water supply and wood supply, plenty of game like deer, turkey and domesticated farm animals. We have an adequate supply of weapons and ammo to hold out a fairly long time. While we all chuckle a little about Zombies, just remember the threat might be from civil disorder, epidemic or other unseen events. It doesn't hurt to be prepared.
    Bill

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  15. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    :animlol:

I love your style! :thumb:

DAT85

16. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf Member

Oct 16, 2011
    we have a cabin on a lake in Northern MN, for deer hunting. take the family there, and we'd set up a tower for "sniping" out of the tall deer stand (35-40ft overlooking the neighbors corn field and the main road)
    up there its heated, with a roof and carpet. hell, theres an old recliner up there! slide the windows open, and i can shoot my .270 Ruger (20" bbl, M77 pre hawkeye, with a Redfield 4x40 scope) at anything on the property. if thats not big enough, my Father In Law has a 338 Lapua with a 6.5-20 x 50 (i think) Leupold, on a Harris bipod. he uses it for long range target stuff (but hes not that great), but it'll kill a man or Zed quite easiky. stacks of ammo in the cabin as well.
    inside the cabin we'd have our ARs and AKs, and plenty of ammo (thousands of each), everyone with a sidearm (except my little girls, 5, 3, and newborn) be it Glock, 1911, my FNP, revolvers, everything. ****, i'd probably have my FNP-40 in my thigh holster and my 1911 in a shoulder holster, and an 870 Remington on my back somehow!
    i cant say we'd survive, but i CAN say we'd sure as **** TRY

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted