1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the interwar period, Argentina saw that Colt had updated the 1911 to the A1 model. Argentina knew the 1911 from past use, and knew that it was good, so when came time to update their current arsenal of service pistols, they brokered a deal with Colt to make their own. See, Argentina had just done some major restructuring to their arms industry and infrastructure, so they now no longer had to rely on arms from foreign powers. The deal with Colt specified that Colt was to provide 10,000 Argentine-marked pistols, as well as the tooling, manufacturing specifications, and all drawings necessary to producing their own. Finally, Colt would send it's own technicians to oversee pre-production operations and provide assistance, teaching the Argentines everything they knew (almost).

By the time this pistol was made, the year was 1952. Argentina had gone through a LOT of militarization, creating a large metalworks infrastructure solely to aid in arms manufacture.
DSC_7019.JPG

DSC_7021.JPG

DSC_7022.JPG

Despite being over 65 years old, this example has survived quite well, and the real kicker is it comes with the original numbered box, 3 numbered magazines (2 still wrapped in oil paper and covered in grease), and a numbered test target dated "18SEP1952" and bearing the name of the test shooter, Miguel Lattuca.

DSC_7032.JPG

DSC_7029.JPG

DSC_7040.JPG

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
BTW @TheGoldenCaulk , the best I can tell, that ain't no Norweegan Colt - contract or otherwise. You'ze needs to get that illegitimate bass-tard out of your possession ASAP . . . . .

·
Deo Volente
7,454 Posts
I have seen some nice old foreign 1911 pistols, but that one is like hitting the jackpot! That is so cool! :p It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!

Reactions: TheGoldenCaulk

·
14,799 Posts
There aren't to many people that introduce themselves with a pristine piece of 1911 history!
Wut, wut? Dat ain't for sail? Dat's his dance card? You mean I broke the piggy fer nuttin'?

·
Deo Volente
7,454 Posts
Wut, wut? Dat ain't for sail? Dat's his dance card? You mean I broke the piggy fer nuttin'?
That's the gal he brought to the dance! Keep your hands off Curly! LMAO :eek::rolleyes::grin: Wait until you have said your confession, hail Mary's and our Fathers...Then go after what you want on Monday!

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW @TheGoldenCaulk , the best I can tell, that ain't no Norweegan Colt - contract or otherwise. You'ze needs to get that illegitimate bass-tard out of your possession ASAP . . . . .
Don't worry Zoid, Norwegian Colts are a-comin'. ATM I'm waiting on a new one to come in... tried to shoot high at Rock Island on that serial #1 Kongsberg (https://www.rockislandauction.com/html/dev_cdn/70/677.jpg) but the stars didn't align, so I ended up with a lesser of 1928 vintage. Oh well, better luck next time.... in a few decades when it shows up again ;)

wcanterbury's got the right idea though, keep yer hands to yerself! ;)

And hello to all those who said hello! Hello from the great state of Illinois, or rather it would be without that giant turd on the shores of Lake Michigan....

·
14,799 Posts
And hello to all those who said hello! Hello from the great state of Illinois, or rather it would be without that giant turd on the shores of Lake Michigan....
BTW, condolences on your geographic disability . . . . . ex-Wayne's World escapee myself (Aurora).

·
14,799 Posts
Absolutely beautiful! Welcome, and congratulations!
Y'all keep bumping this thread just to torment ole Curly . . . .

I've been aquistion-ally good the past half a year. Y'all are giving me some strong . . . . .

Moe-tivation.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts