1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I like this place !
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Armslist is doing their job, listing is gone.

Think this might be a scam listing??!! Just saw it in Armslist on Ohio. Great price, obviously too good to be true. Even takes CC

For Sale: PICS! NEW WILSON COMBATEDCX-CP-9A 9MM 4" NO LIGHT RAIL EDC X9 FIBER OPTICS. $1500.00

Wonder how many takers he’ll get.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Hell with armslist. I’ve been burned. I just got burned on guns international for several thousand as a guy stole a guys drivers license, his FFL license and made it seem legit. My ffl verified it all and got ducked. I had to call the local police department and they got me the guys real info for the shop and he said the atf and FBI have been investigating it.

All done buying ****. Then got hosed from PayPal even though it was gift and services for buyer protection. But it being a gun PayPal just stuck it to me dry.

Battling the credit card company for an unauthorized purchase.

Only will buy from these classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I like this place !
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve been ok with Armslist but only FTF and local. Buyer must have CCW and do sales receipt. Have met some good gun people buying and selling on Armslist. Had a few scam tries, but typically very easy to spot.....like the one above.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,169 Posts
I like someone above have had extremely great success with Armslist. There is the occasional idiot that no shows or doesn’t ever respond back but for the most part no problems. Sorry to hear about your loss. I know that sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
PLEASE READ THIS & FAAAWK ARMSLIST!!!!!

I've bought and sold at GB'er for years & years. I have an A+ rating with 222 transactions documented (many more that I didn't receive feedback for) with ZERO negatives or neutrals, I'm proud of that.

Anyhow a few years ago I had at rifle on GB'er for sale for $2495.00, a nice Sako. I got an email from a friend wanting to know why I also had someone list it for me on Armslist also. I said it's not listed anywhere else and his reply was "OH YES IT IS".

Somehow someone had stole my listing from GB'er and had it for sale under another name and only accepting a USPS money order to a PO box. Armslist responded with: "All we can do is cancel the AD". Can you believe that $$IT!!!

I know of 5 people personally that have been screwed royal at Armslist & NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING was done by Armslist!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,057 Posts
I'm a degenerate 1911 guy (insert snide comment here) and I have never, not once, scrolled through armslist. I'm not sure why people do. I have done dozens of deals on GB without a single issue

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I found one of my Wilson Combat Tac Elites posted there including my photos.
To make matters worse the seller was undercutting me on price, ha!
Be afraid....be very afraid of this website.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Your so correct Robert. The scum bag used my photos also!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have done about half dozen purchases through armlist. All ftf. All sellers let me take a photo of their cpl and drivers license. Bill of sale was signed by both parties. All deals went very smooth. But, without the aforementioned documentation. .....no deal.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Incurable..... NRA Lifer
437 Posts
I just thought Armslist was a longer way to spell "scam" - never knew it really was a thing... :D

Just kidding, I avoid it like the plague....

·
Pigtails and butter please...
2,946 Posts
Armslist is perfectly "safe" for local FTF deals on garden variety firearms, but most all general public free-ad services attract bottom feeders on both ends (sellers and buyers). The biggest reason to pass on browsing there is the abundance of junk and the cuckoo asking prices!

·
Banned
824 Posts
I've had plenty of good deals on there. As said, just stick to local deals, don't do the whole shipping thing. I don't understand people blaming Armslist for not holding the scammers accountable? Craigslist doesn't either, not really much more they can do other than take down the listing. I appreciate the fact that I can get on there, find a deal locally much cheaper than any local shops/gunbroker have it, and it's usually trouble free aside for the occasional flake, plus no tax/background check/fees(if you're in a free state).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts