Asked with all due respect...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CENTURIATOR, Feb 9, 2019.

1. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Is there any backstory anyone can share on why there is a "1911Addicts" forum and a "1911Fantatics" forum? They both appear to use the same forum software.

Is there a backstory?

Dish!

ImperialBlade likes this.
  2. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    originator is the same ,caring person. he sold this site to carbon media (I think). started the fanatics after that

ImperialBlade and CENTURIATOR like this.

3. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I lurked in the shadows to see what The Fanatics had to offer, some of the same members here hang out there a bit and I assume former members here may have jumped ship when this site was sold. Just didn’t have the same appeal for me as this site does.

4. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Oohh that's a bingo! Is that how you say it?

5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Wrong. Trent started this forum August 15th 1911. Jelly got it from him. Trent came to my first shoot. Great guy.

ronin11, joerockhead, FWoo45 and 7 others like this.
  6. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    Thanks for the information, guys. Just curious.

Now...tell me about 1911 Forum, a group I am still trying to join, my application for membership has not been approved, and they allow no firearm sales. This may be an unfair opinion, but while it appears there is a lot of knowledge there, there also appears to be a rather cold and unkind attitude toward new persons, those who ask simple questions, and so forth. In other words, a genuine FuddFiesta there.

Wrong? Right? In-between?

2sharp2 likes this.
  7. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    Please detail and explain....makes no sense to this new guy.

8. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    All I can tell you is that I was unsuccessful in joining that Forum as well. I attempted to join that forum around the same time I joined this one. I filled out their application and submitted it without any error notifications. Then I got nothing but silence from them. I suppose I could inquire as to what what wrong or just try again. But the more time I spend here, the less motivated I feel to play their game.

boatdoc likes this.
  9. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    Very, very weird. Thanks, glad to know I'm not the only bloke who can't seem to join. As I review their attitude and style the more I'm inclined simply to say FU and stay here.

boatdoc, ZoidMeister and dimedog like this.
  10. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Trent along with others were kicked off or had, had enough of TOS and TOOS so they decided to start this forum. Trent started it and Quack helped police it in the start. Don't know much else other than that. They called this place brothers of the banned so to speak for awhile. Lots of the original members have gone and only a few of us are still active here. I joined August 18th and was told the 10th member.

Got a warning from some WOMAN mod on TOS and never returned. Been a fun run here so far and I seem to be the one who jumps on new members if they have a bad attitude. Might turn it over to @BenchMonkey another Ky. member though. Us hillbillies are tough and don't take sh!t. LOLOLOL

I have to say that Jelly has been great for this forum and still here.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Kip, ronin11, boatdoc and 15 others like this.
  11. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    Thanks! That's very helpful. Except for only ONE exception so far, this is...by a long shot...the calmest, least-drama, least FUDDlicious, least combative, asshattery gun forum I've ever been on. I had one arsehole here try to tell me "I spent too much" on a handgun and then proceeded he feels it his duty to inform other than they are "wasting their hard earned money." I politely told him to stick his opinion where the sun never shines. :)

Strikes me he picked the wrong forum to be pulling this bull crap, since I see people buying and selling multi-thousand of dollars 1911 handguns.

LOL.

boatdoc, ZoidMeister, gps man and 3 others like this.
  12. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    IFFIN you can find a better forum let me know. I am only in an online forum because of 1911 Addicts. I joined a handgun forum awhile back & after 2 weeks I got 2 welcomes. Then after posting 4 of 5 posts I got one snarky reply the rest treated me as if I was invisible. Being a Builder of NM M1As, I joined 2 rifle forums you would think they would accept free Smithing advice but no, just big egos from unpleasant Snarks. Screw EM!

Kip, boatdoc, mikemac and 2 others like this.
  13. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    [email protected] ... you are saying you joined on August 18, 2019 and were only the 10th member?

Did I read this correctly?

14. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Whoops 2011!!!!

boatdoc and CENTURIATOR like this.
  15. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    1911 Forum:Yacht owners, Cognac drinkers, Lamborghini goobers, Cuban cigar smokers, Wall Street wannabes.

Mike A, Mike Meints and Busa Dave like this.
  16. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Most there are well known very sweet nice people. VERY LGBT centric---Just be sure "not to drop your ammo on the ground there" Oh My! :asshat::p:moon:

Wait until about 1:12 in this clip to see where the 1911 Addicts come in and the other side is TOOS with the Dom being one of the famous moderators over there!!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    dimedog, BenchMonkey, FWoo45 and 3 others like this.
  17. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    Hah! Thanks.

18. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    The Forum has been around for a good long time, I remember joining in 2008. I hardly ever visit anymore and they seem to consider themselves "the experts" while I see more generously shared expertise and a collegial almost family attitude here. I was readily accepted here and not treated with arms-length disdain like on the Forum.

The Forum is sort of like going to a gun shop with a bunch of mall ninja's and the dudes behind the counter are all tacticool and triple strapped and to be there you need to know the secret handshake or wear wraparound shades indoors or something.

This site is like going to a spot where everyone knows each other and is friendly/respectful and not reluctant to share their knowledge and extend friendship. I find it interesting that there is so much knowledge that is shared, almost no arrogance displayed and there are real tactical operators, extensively trained folks and great gunsmiths on here. Far better site!!!!!!!

FredZ, Loaded, Kip and 8 others like this.
  19. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    What do you mean (not a clue) LK. Just having fun

20. CENTURIATOR

Dec 20, 2018
    So, my opinion of the TOS was it consists of a lot of pretentious arsewholes....and that would be about right. LOL. :)

boatdoc likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted