1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not typical HELP me decide. After reading forum and from what I learn thanks to you guys. I need guidance for 1911 makers I don’t know about it or models I don’t know to find 1911 fit my want. I checked Colt DW Kimber SA and non of it fit my need.
WC LB going over budget, but glad to find at good prices.

+-2K$
commander frame
not tacticool style
45 single stock
all forge steel
Full length guide rod
Not flat main spring
useful checkering front and rear
Not schwartz safety
not stainless
Not preferred but I can live with ambi safety

Thank you

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Not a 45 single stack, but a smokin’ deal:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a 45 single stack, but a smokin’ deal:

Thanks. Not 45 and not commander. And I did burn myself multiple times by buying “great deal” and not what I want.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
For example:

Has to have:
X
y
z

&

Cannot have:
a
b
c

Some of your sentence structure is confusing, to me. If you can find some pictures of what you do like, that, too, would make it much easier. Your idea of too much rollmark might be different than mine.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Not typical HELP me decide. After reading forum and from what I learn thanks to you guys. I need guidance for 1911 makers I don’t know about it or models I don’t know to find 1911 fit my want. Please don’t give me idea of 5k customs, I really love my kidneys.
classic not tacticool all forge steel 45 single stock commander. Full length guide rod. Not flat main spring, not cosmetic but actually useful checkering front and rear. Not schwartz safety, not stainless, no huge name or logo on slide. Not preferred but I can live with ambi safety. 2K +-
Thank you
Thanks. Not 45 and not commander. And I did burn myself multiple times by buying “great deal” and not what I want.
So, you DO want 45 and commander. This is a prime example of how sentence structure and punctuation matter. As your first post could be read: “I want a classic, not tacticool, all forge steel, 45 single stack, or commander.” After your second post, it seems that sentence should read: “I want a classic, not tacticool styling. I prefer all forge steel, 45 single stack, in commander size.“
Big difference. Especially, when a “classic” 1911 generally means a 5” government model.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not typical HELP me decide. After reading forum and from what I learn thanks to you guys. I need guidance for 1911 makers I don’t know about it or models I don’t know to find 1911 fit my want. Please don’t give me idea of 5k customs, I really love my kidneys.
classic not tacticool all forge steel 45 single stock commander. Full length guide rod. Not flat main spring, not cosmetic but actually useful checkering front and rear. Not schwartz safety, not stainless, no huge name or logo on slide. Not preferred but I can live with ambi safety. 2K +-
Thank you
Dan Wesson, some under $2,000

Smith & Wesson Series "E", well under 2 g's

Springfield Armory, under 2 g's

Ruger SR under 1 g

Colt G'ment/commercial, no roll marks, no sights, under 1 g.

Rock Island Armory, many under 1 g

Kimber, under 1 g....(mine was)

Charles Daley under 1 g

Tisas, under 1 g

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, you DO want 45 and commander. This is a prime example of how sentence structure and punctuation matter. As your first post could be read: “I want a classic, not tacticool, all forge steel, 45 single stack, or commander.” After your second post, it seems that sentence should read: “I want a classic, not tacticool styling. I prefer all forge steel, 45 single stack, in commander size.“
Big difference. Especially, when a “classic” 1911 generally means a 5” government model.
Sorry ESL.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Here is a way to see what
Not typical HELP me decide. After reading forum and from what I learn thanks to you guys. I need guidance for 1911 makers I don’t know about it or models I don’t know to find 1911 fit my want. I checked Colt DW Kimber SA and non of it fit my need.
WC LB going over budget and glad to find.

+-2K$ classic not tacticool
all forge steel 45 single stock commander
Full length guide rod
Not flat main spring
not cosmetic but actually useful checkering front and rear
Not schwartz safety
not stainless

Thank you
Much easier. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am sorry but your unicorn is a found treasure at a random moment in time and space. Your price range puts you into a group of 1911 that are all known by all and other than the groups usual responses of DW or Springfield or random colts you are looking for something that was made by someone decades ago at that price and as I stated above you will just have to be at the right place at the right time with cash in your pocket.
I wish you luck and I look forward to seeing your hunt manifest into pictures of quality range time.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
+-2K$
commander frame
not tacticool style
45 single stock
all forge steel
Full length guide rod
Not flat main spring
useful checkering front and rear
Not schwartz safety
not stainless
+-2K$ > How much +/-?
commander frame > Bobtail okay or regular or don’t care?
Full length guide rod > This is easily changed, I wouldn’t let this stop a purchase.
Not flat main spring > This us also a simple change and not worth considering.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Here are some options. None 100% fit your requests, but they should give you an idea.

This Nighthawk is great, but a little over budget:

Here is an old Clark:

Here is an Ed Brown. It’s a 5”, but you can get the same thing in a commander size:

Here is a Hell of a deal, on a DW CCO. It checks all of your boxes, except it has an aluminum frame:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are some options. None 100% fit your requests, but they should give you an idea.

This Nighthawk is great, but a little over budget:

Here is an old Clark:

Here is an Ed Brown. It’s a 5”, but you can get the same thing in a commander size:

Here is a Hell of a deal, on a DW CCO. It checks all of your boxes, except it has an aluminum frame:
Thank you
NH is awesome I should of get 1911 before ordering Big Horn. DW looks like having shorter barrel that commander, too bad not steel.

·
born in the wrong century
6,139 Posts
Thank you
NH is awesome I should of get 1911 before ordering Big Horn. DW looks like having shorter barrel that commander, too bad not steel.
That DW CCO has commander slide & officer frame. Standard for cco-size.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts