ATF: AR/AK braced-pistols to be classified AOW

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by yosemitesamsung, Oct 27, 2020.

1. yosemitesamsung

yosemitesamsung Member

Oct 17, 2019
    What the title says. Knew it wouldn’t stop with the Honey Badger. Sounds like like it’ll be retroactive. This is gonna get ugly folks.

DRD and SW1911302 like this.

2. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    TL,DR as komifornia falls, so does the rest of the nation. Best of luck to my friends here, in, currently, free states.

3. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Until the ATF's ability to make "laws" via a bureaucratic process is "reeled in" this type of confused state of rule enforcement will continue. Laws are supposed to be made through a legislative process; not unilaterally by some bureaucrat sitting behind a desk somewhere. Hopefully SCOTUS will address this problem in the not distant future.

The problem, as I see it, resides with the NFA itself. It is a flawed law.

Arbitrary rule making by a government bureaucrat, concerning pieces of hardware, will never keep pace with the inherent genius and inventiveness of the general population. Until this fundamental legal flaw is acknowledged and addressed, enforcement confusion will continue indefinitely.

JM44, Babboonbobo, DRD and 4 others like this.
  4. ReaperCustom45

ReaperCustom45 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019
    The NFA is definitely a flawed law. It's original intent was to outlaw concealable firearms for the average person, including handguns. Handguns were however removed, so why keep the rest? We should start a #DefundTheATF movement!

5. Nicholst55

Nicholst55 Active Member

Jul 23, 2020
    I once suggested that to my (Demonrat) US Senator. He went off on me about how valuable the BATF was in the war against gun violence, yada, yada, yada. Fortunately, I no longer live in that retarded commie state.

yosemitesamsung and pcar157 like this.
  6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Knew this was coming when the braces were created.

joe45, Harleyvato, KS95B40 and 6 others like this.
  7. ReaperCustom45

ReaperCustom45 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019
    I assume I'd get a similar response from Fineswine. Makes sense though that tyrants would protect other tyrants.

8. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    Absolutely this.

I’m surprised people are surprised that things designed to circumvent NFA law (braces/bumpstocks) whether it’s right, wrong, or indifferent...get banned. I have AR “pistols” but I knew I was on borrowed time from their inception.

wrmiller, yosemitesamsung and DRD like this.
  9. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    Its definitely better to preach an "I told you so!" instead of joining the chorus of protests over unconstitutional actions and legal "interpretations" by unelected government officials.

Yup.

Wait until the EPA really starts going after "for off-road use only," or maybe guys who continue to shoot biohazards into the earth (instead of using only pure copper bullets), etc.

Yup...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    How exactly will this be enforced?

11. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    How will this be enforced, by every local cop and deputy who sees you with one at a traffic stop or at the range.

12. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    The tax stamp for AOW is $5 as opposed to $200.

13. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    This is a problem. There are millions of AR/AK pistols that exist in this country and with one letter they all just became illegal.

And by their new language you can’t become legal by changing out your stock and going to a “pistol configuration” that was acceptable several years ago.

14. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Roehl and yosemitesamsung like this.
  15. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Haha! The cops here wouldn't mind if I mounted scud missiles to my vehicle.

Greenrunner, switchback and DRD like this.
  16. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    It’s a shame I’m going to have to loose all my “pistols“ in a boating accident. Anyone know the closest lake to 77007?

ReaperCustom45 and DSTallguy like this.
  17. Jameeson

Jameeson Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Conroe. Lots of guns in that lake unfortunately

DSTallguy likes this.
  18. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I completely agree Sir

19. Nicholst55

Nicholst55 Active Member

Jul 23, 2020
    For the time being, anyway. The antis are well aware of this 'loophole,' and have discussed a significant increase in the cost of registration of NFA weapons many times. I look for transfer tax for a standard Class 3 weapon to run at least $2K, and an AOW a minimum of $500, in the not-so-distant future.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted