ATF: AR/AK braced-pistols to be classified AOW

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by yosemitesamsung, Oct 27, 2020.

1. OttoLoader

OttoLoader New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Now with Amy on the supreme court 2A cases may be heard.

The previous makeup likely would have had bad rulings fir the 2A.

Ev n Heller had compromise to sway Kennedy.

Also any court challange would need to be very limited and strong otherwise bad ruling can be made on some other point brought up in the case.

Also cases such as the bump stock may make it to the Supreme Court and challenge the Cheron rule.
    The Chevron Rule allowed regulatory agencies wide power in interepreting legislation.
    But the case would need to challenge th chevron rile. Not sure if any bump stock cases do.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  2. 340pd

340pd Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Every gun owner better do everything they can to make sure they vote.

3. ReaperCustom45

ReaperCustom45 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019
    I seem to recall that being a part of the GOA's bumpstock lawsuit, but I could be mistaken. Also, in case you all missed it as I did, in August Trump signed an executive order prohibiting the imposition of new regulations by agencies without authorization by law. The ATF is ignoring it however and continuing to do whatever they want, unchecked and unpunished.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  4. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    So, what is one supposed to do with a short barreled AR with a brace on it? Take the upper off and just have parts? Take the brace off of the receiver after taking the upper off? If you get a Form 1 SBR stamp do you have to replace the brace with a stock? Seriously, what are we supposed to do to stay legal?

5. ReaperCustom45

ReaperCustom45 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019
    I assume the ATF would prefer you just hand it on over to them. Or if you register it as an AOW, you keep the brace, if you register it as an SBR, you swap it for a stock. My opinion, don't comply. The ATF had virtually no bump stocks turned in after they decided those were bad, same thing is gonna happen here.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  6. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    ^ Yep, good thing I don't own any AR pistols....

Acco40 and Babboonbobo like this.
  7. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
  8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    See....fudge the ATF!
    First off everyone needs to get ahead of this because it’s not a rule change....YET! Get ahold of everyone you can to start fighting back, contact all your officials and make sure they understand this needs to stop. once again support GOA, NRA(I know) and all your local gun groups.

ReaperCustom45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted