1911 Firearm Addicts banner

ATF: AR/AK braced-pistols to be classified AOW

4K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Babboonbobo 
#1 ·
What the title says. Knew it wouldn’t stop with the Honey Badger. Sounds like like it’ll be retroactive. This is gonna get ugly folks.

#4 ·
Until the ATF's ability to make "laws" via a bureaucratic process is "reeled in" this type of confused state of rule enforcement will continue. Laws are supposed to be made through a legislative process; not unilaterally by some bureaucrat sitting behind a desk somewhere. Hopefully SCOTUS will address this problem in the not distant future.

The problem, as I see it, resides with the NFA itself. It is a flawed law.

Arbitrary rule making by a government bureaucrat, concerning pieces of hardware, will never keep pace with the inherent genius and inventiveness of the general population. Until this fundamental legal flaw is acknowledged and addressed, enforcement confusion will continue indefinitely.

#5 ·
Until the ATF's ability to make "laws" via a bureaucratic process is "reeled in" this type of confused state of rule enforcement will continue. Laws are supposed to be made through a legislative process; not unilaterally by some bureaucrat sitting behind a desk somewhere. Hopefully SCOTUS will address this problem in the not distant future.

The problem, as I see it, resides with the NFA itself. It is a flawed law.

Arbitrary rule making by a government bureaucrat, concerning pieces of hardware, will never keep pace with the inherent genius and inventiveness of the general population. Until this fundamental legal flaw is acknowledged and addressed, enforcement confusion will continue indefinitely.
The NFA is definitely a flawed law. It's original intent was to outlaw concealable firearms for the average person, including handguns. Handguns were however removed, so why keep the rest? We should start a #DefundTheATF movement!

#10 ·
Its definitely better to preach an "I told you so!" instead of joining the chorus of protests over unconstitutional actions and legal "interpretations" by unelected government officials.

Yup.

Wait until the EPA really starts going after "for off-road use only," or maybe guys who continue to shoot biohazards into the earth (instead of using only pure copper bullets), etc.

Yup...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#16 ·
#20 ·
For the time being, anyway. The antis are well aware of this 'loophole,' and have discussed a significant increase in the cost of registration of NFA weapons many times. I look for transfer tax for a standard Class 3 weapon to run at least $2K, and an AOW a minimum of $500, in the not-so-distant future.

#28 ·
fudge the ATF!! Trump wins? Now will be the time to start taking all this shiat to the SC!!
A bunch of 2A cases have gone to the SC under Trump, the SC refused to hear every one of them. They don't wanna rule on political cases it seems. I don't see our rights getting better under the next 4 years of Trump, we just lost more in his first 4. At this point, we aren't getting our 2A rights restored through the legal system, just not gonna happen.

#36 · (Edited)
From what I can tell they are trying to outlaw AR15 pistols as a whole regardless of if it's braced or not. ( based on the weight)
That's crap.
And it will be just another pen stroke before all the shockwave and Tac 14 shottys are outlawed too.
(Even though I've never heard of one being involved in a crime.)
And my cousin's Ruger 10/22 Charger is black death on squirrels, but how long before they find fault with that?
It's short barreled, mag fed, built on a rifle platform, heavier than a Glock...
Big can of worms being opened up IMO.

#44 ·
So, what is one supposed to do with a short barreled AR with a brace on it? Take the upper off and just have parts? Take the brace off of the receiver after taking the upper off? If you get a Form 1 SBR stamp do you have to replace the brace with a stock? Seriously, what are we supposed to do to stay legal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.