1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
I fear that all braces will be deemed illegal in 2021.

·
Registered
960 Posts
You are just waking up to the new world. The ATF has been seeking to expand their power for years and now that they have a willing ear in DC it will get much worse.
I was waiting for the election outcome before buying a suppressor. I am now not going to make that purchase as I fully believe that they, along with all SBR's will be declared illegal in the very near future.
Yes, we can say rather than turn them in we will bury them in the backyard but that is exactly what they want.
Get ready for your tax on MSR's and all magazines must be taxed and engraved.
This election will be very painful and reversing the laws about to be proposed and if we lose the senate will be very difficult if not impossible.
So, decision time, do you buy another 10,000 rounds for a gun that will cost you a felony if you are caught fondling it in your basement at midnight, or do you increase your collection of single stacks, shotguns, and revolvers?

·
I'm just here for the gas.
3,097 Posts
How will they find out? Okay, perhaps an obtuse question- but perhaps a better one is how will they enforce this? Is every cop in the U.S. going to BOLO for braces, mags, etc.?

Nobody (probably not even me, off the top of my head lol) knows how many different flavors of magazine I have that exceed 10 rounds.

Yes, it absolutely is troubling and if you get caught could hurt quite a bit. But the average gun owner with his plastic fantastic with two 15 round mags isn't generally keeping up with these arbitrary changes. Hell, if I hadn't clicked on this I wouldn't have any idea that a brace that I may or may not own is soon-to-be illegal.

I see these laws about as enforceable as busting people for marijuana; unrealistic.

·
Denizen
82 Posts
I take posts on Ammoland with a grain of salt. And in fact, they've already significantly revamped that article from the more alarmist posting that it was earlier this morning. Stay vigilant, but also stay objective and check the facts, don't just get sucked into the drama du jour.

·
Banned
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are just waking up to the new world. The ATF has been seeking to expand their power for years and now that they have a willing ear in DC it will get much worse.
I was waiting for the election outcome before buying a suppressor. I am now not going to make that purchase as I fully believe that they, along with all SBR's will be declared illegal in the very near future.
Yes, we can say rather than turn them in we will bury them in the backyard but that is exactly what they want.
Get ready for your tax on MSR's and all magazines must be taxed and engraved.
This election will be very painful and reversing the laws about to be proposed and if we lose the senate will be very difficult if not impossible.
So, decision time, do you buy another 10,000 rounds for a gun that will cost you a felony if you are caught fondling it in your basement at midnight, or do you increase your collection of single stacks, shotguns, and revolvers?
I say the time for civil disobedience is long overdue, I won't comply with anything the pedo or hoe try to do.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Not to mention all the arbitrary flip-floppery on whether or not shouldering a pistol brace is legal or constitutes a "repurpose" of design!
I believe they are being purposefully obtuse...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
So it was legal before it became illegal. yeah, that makes sense. Good thing there are not thousands out there because getting them back would be tricky....oh, wait.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
No one at the ATF is smart enough or calculating enough to set an ambush for gun owners. It is an example of typical gov't internal dithering, diagreements, and indecision. And so far, as far as I know, it is talk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts