1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Staccato C2 limited edition is the latest one.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never really knew anything about AGW before coming here, sure get a lot of love. BUT!!!! Watching their videos where they're constantly slidelock dropping the slide on an empty gun really makes me cringe.

Registered
I don't know 2011s but on 1911 letting the slide go on an empty gun causes the hammer to bang on the sear. Bad news.
鈽 This...it can be tough on the hammer/sear engagement surfaces. If the parts are quality, as well as the smith that put it together, it might be more tolerant, but to me it鈥檚 like slamming the door on a nice car. Eventually it鈥檚 not gonna close right. And doing it to someone else's gun (any kind of gun) is super bad etiquette.

Premium Member
鈽 This...it can be tough on the hammer/sear engagement surfaces. If the parts are quality, as well as the smith that put it together, it might be more tolerant, but to me it鈥檚 like slamming the door on a nice car. Eventually it鈥檚 not gonna close right. And doing it to someone else's gun (any kind of gun) is super bad etiquette.
There is a way to prevent damage, but that's for us old time users! ;)

Registered

+1
I'm with you.
That's why I've gotten a little pissy at my buddies who always pick up my gun at the range and just mess with the slide.
(With all due respect to Glock owners...) I'm usually seen / heard semi-yelling at my buddies... quit messing with the slide, it's not like your cheap-ass Glock.

LoL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts