1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Alchemy owners here who has this fine gun in .38 super??
If you do, please give me your thoughts.....
I have a .45 on order but am thinking of changing the build sheet.

Reactions: colrhino and JM44

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't this just about when a lot of Addicts chime in with "BUY THEM BOTH!!"

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Isn't this just about when a lot of Addicts chime in with "BUY THEM BOTH!!"
This is usually where you chime in to buy both! I guess you can’t do so on your own thread.

The real question is can you wait the additional time for the 38???

Any chance you are ordering a prime elite with clean slide? If so I may know a guy who would be interested in one if you decide to keep the 45 while you build the 38...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have a .45 and it shoots lights out!
Don’t notice the recoil. I’d hate to change anything.
I have some good shooting 38 Superbs but not Alchemy.
I guess maybe you should get the 38 Super and let us know how it shoots! LOL.

·
Registered
923 Posts
When did you place your order? I put a Prime Elite hard chrome 38 Super on order last week, so I'll let you know how it shoots sometime around mid-July. Surely someone will have one sooner than that, but not in time for you to change before your slot comes up. 3-4 months on 45ACP, but 6 full on 38 and 9mm.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is usually where you chime in to buy both! I guess you can’t do so on your own thread.

The real question is can you wait the additional time for the 38???

Any chance you are ordering a prime elite with clean slide? If so I may know a guy who would be interested in one if you decide to keep the 45 while you build the 38...
I did order the Prime Elite. However John, I did not order the naked slide. This is one gun that I actually like the bill board scroll. Sorry if that would be a deal breaker. Otherwise, I may very well be willing to let it go for a reasonable price if I decide to get a .38 sup.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When did you place your order? I put a Prime Elite hard chrome 38 Super on order last week, so I'll let you know how it shoots sometime around mid-July. Surely someone will have one sooner than that, but not in time for you to change before your slot comes up. 3-4 months on 45ACP, but 6 full on 38 and 9mm.
I ordered it Nov. 30th and was thinking about seeing if it could be changed and just push out the date a couple months vs. starting all over. If I have to push out the full wait time of 6 months I'll just take this one when its done and sell to JM44. I'll contact Tyler today and see what he can find out.

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Incurable..... NRA Lifer
453 Posts
I don't have one per se, but Rob built me a 9mm/38 super commander from a Les Baer frame and caspian slide I sent him. Shoots far better than I can, my first 2 shots of 38 super with it were bullseyes at 50ft. You be the judge...

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I did order the Prime Elite. However John, I did not order the naked slide. This is one gun that I actually like the bill board scroll. Sorry if that would be a deal breaker. Otherwise, I may very well be willing to let it go for a reasonable price if I decide to get a .38 sup.
The rollmarks on those are very tastefully done, IMO. I just try to order everything naked these days because who doesn’t like getting naked??

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I have a prime in 45, I been thinking of a brimstone in 38/9mm

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The rollmarks on those are very tastefully done, IMO. I just try to order everything naked these days because who doesn’t like getting naked??
I agree.... some things look better naked.... case in point! v v v v
Gun Firearm White Trigger Light

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I like the rollmarks on ACW pistols, I would order another one with them

1 - 20 of 37 Posts