close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ATTENTION! for all WOOD GRIP ADDICTS! step inside..

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by jst1tym, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    There already may be those familar with this website so pardon my little enthusiasm. I'm a real big fan of wood grips, always have been. I enjoy the beauty and uniqueness of wood. And one of a kind. I give kudos to Sarges grips and Esmeralda for making some of the finest pairs I've seen and purchased to date. Today however, while doing my normal site browsing a fellow emp enthusiast posted a website that I've not yet browsed. A very informative and well thought out site with wood basics and introductory information. They have some beautiful 1911 wood grips posted and from what I quickly read, will in fact make you up a pair with the wood of your choosing. Pricing however isn't as cheap as most would prefer, but nonetheless, I'm sure they sell a lot of them as priced. Needless to say I've bookmarked this into my favorites and will soon end up purchasing a pair whether I actually need them or not. I've got an overflow of grips currently and will most likely sell a few pairs just to make the extra room for another pair. Though pricing may be a tad high for some budgets, looking does not cost a cent....so far anyway that is! Enjoy :thumb:
    http://www.locriancustoms.com/index.htm

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    moved to correct forum.

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks like they have some nice grips,......sure wish they offered some checkered models!
    Sarge would get more business from me if he would checker grips.

So for now,.........I get my wood from Esmeralda! :bolt:

4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm right there with you. If they had checkered grips, i'd buy some. For now i'll just use the boring Ahrends full checkered cocobolo grips.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Ahrends has awesome grips!
    Most likely the BEST grip maker of full checkered coco bolo grips.
    They always have amazing grain!

6. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    You can't beat les baer grips for 38$, I asked for the darkest pair and they sent me nice dark ones, I got the ones for a magwell.

7. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    and inexpensive too.

I get the Ahrends for $25 and the pin-covered for $32

8. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I love wood grips, but I'm with the other two, they need checkering!

Brownells dealer price is hard to beat. The best reason ever to get a C&R FFL.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    I love a nice pair of double diamonds. I just scored a pair of buffalo horn double diamonds with the magwell cut from eBay. Those are the grips that I'm having the Delta Elite medallions installed onto. :)

deadite

10. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Their prices are high, and checkering is a plus too! I just like to see the different woods and how attractive they are...I cannot even afford them as I have much bigger fish to currently fry!

11. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Like others stated, checkering is a must for me, otherwise their grips do look nice.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted