1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just learned about this gun today on this forum.

Link: trump-45-1911

Looks like AO makes mostly commemorative 1911s, but this one looks real close to a Kimber Eclipse. I never thought of AO as being a quality 1911. Probably better than Charles Daley (sp?), but not quite as good as Ruger. I have never handled one so that thought may be entirely wrong. So, does anyone have an opinion on these? Might they have some collector value in the future? looks like they are going for less than $1200 on Gunbroker.

·
Banned
824 Posts
My opinion is that they should've come out with this when he first got elected. A lot in the gun community aren't very happy with him anymore, I can't see why anyone would want one of these. Realistically, most commemorative guns like this don't increase in value, in fact, they may be harder to sell down the road because people don't want crap like that on their gun unless it has some personal meaning to them. As far as AO themselves, I've heard decent things. I know several of their guns are series 80, which I'm not a fan of, but they seem to work well. I think they even make a 1911 carbine now that looks pretty fun. For $1200 though, you could get a much better gun.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks. As far as gun owners being unhappy with Trump, they should consider the alternative. No candidate is going to please everyone, and no candidate is without fault, but he is so much better than any libtard that we should be grateful he ran and won. I don't need another Govt. size .45, but would consider buying one if I thought there would be a demand in the future.
Sounds like probably not. Back in the 80s I sold my like new in the box 6" blued Python for $300. I post this just to show how poor I am at investment wisdom.

·
Banned
824 Posts
OK, thanks. As far as gun owners being unhappy with Trump, they should consider the alternative. No candidate is going to please everyone, and no candidate is without fault, but he is so much better than any libtard that we should be grateful he ran and won. I don't need another Govt. size .45, but would consider buying one if I thought there would be a demand in the future.
Sounds like probably not. Back in the 80s I sold my like new in the box 6" blued Python for $300. I post this just to show how poor I am at investment wisdom.
Haha yeah. I wasn't even born yet when Pythons were reasonable and it really sucks. That's one of my dream guns and they are over $3k now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts